I originally planned to do a separate post for each category of my green beauty favorites for 2015, but to be perfectly honest, the thought of writing all of those posts overwhelmed me and left me in a right state of anxiety so I said fuck it. Thankfully, a bunch of other bloggers were sharing 15 beauty favorites of 2015 and I thought, why the hell didn’t I think of that? and proceeded to jump on the easy bandwagon idea. So, thanks guys. And let me just say how difficult it was to actually pick 15 (ONLY 15!!) beauty favorites for the entire freaking year. I had like 3 pages worth of products broken down into each category. But alas, over NYE, I took some time out and decided I would need to narrow it down to 15. Here are those 15 products that I’ve absolutely been loving this past year and into 2016 and beyond. They work well, smell nice (mostly), and are extremely effective at getting the job done and sometimes more than that.
15 Beauty Favorites of 2015
- True Nature Botanicals Exfoliating Moisture Mask // Click Here for the Review // This face mask feels very much like a gel and you apply a thin layer over your face. This one is actually pretty intense to use as it’s one of those tingly masks that you can feel working, but it uses lactic acid and avocado butter to gently exfoliate and hydrate all in one go. Many people have also said it helps get rid of acne and blackheads, but I’ve found it’s great for giving my skin a glow and improving cell turnover so I use it for that once a week. I recommend it for acne prone or dry skin types or skin that’s looking dull thanks to winter! It’s a great pick-me-up.
- Leahlani Mermaid Mask // Click Here for the Review // Another face mask favorite ( I have a face mask obsession ) is this Leahlani Mermaid Mask. It smells and tastes (it happened) delicious! Very sticky, honey, like lemonade or punch or something. It’s green so it’s very mermaid of the sea-like, super gentle on skin, and very lovely for helping hydrate, soften, and gently exfoliate without causing irritation like more abrasive masks might. Also, it’s lovely for helping heal skin and it’s not drying like some clay masks might be. This one is lovely if you have dry or sensitive skin. I love using it to soften and hydrate as well as heal since it has honey (hydrating and healing humectant) and spirulina.
- MAHALO Rare Indigo Balm // Click Here for the Review // This is a slightly newer discovery of mine from MAHALO. It dropped this past fall and has been a love of mine ever since. It’s a violet balm that helps soothe, hydrate, and heal skin, especially sensitive skin types that need a little extra love. It’s nourishing without being too heavy, smells like an intoxicating floral dream, and works great!
- Nudus Lip Euphoria (Dirty Diana, Fairy Tales & Revenge) // Click Here for the Review // Nudus lip colors are not only stunning on the lips, they’re extremely pigmented, naturally formulated, and created using a variety of plant pigments and ayurvedic herbs. The result are some amazing colors for all seasons. My favorites are Revenge (a true blue red), Dirty Diana (a deep burgundy), and Fairy Tales (a beautiful nude).
- MOSS Skincare Ceremony Skin Exalting Everlasting Beauty Balm // Click Here for the Review // MOSS Skincare is basically THE brand for you if you have acne prone skin, especially if it’s a very stubborn kind of acne. The founder, the lovely Celestyna, has a crazy kind of intuition for healing what ails you. This beauty balm is a kind of all-in-one skin healer, moisturizer, age preventative, natural sun protectant, and it has some gold mica to give your skin a beautiful natural glow. It’s lovely and you need a pinky fingernail’s worth each time to cover your entire face and neck.
- Herbfarmacy Pure Hydration Serum // Click Here for the Review // This is, hands down, my favorite serum for hydration out there. It’s a kind of gel serum that is formulated with hyaluronic acid, marshmallow extract, and various other soothing plant oils and extracts to help hydrate your skin. And IT WORKS. I am in love with this stuff. I just ordered another bottle as we speak. So there you have it.
- Kypris Beauty Elixir II // Click Here for the Review // This is my favorite face elixir from Kypris. Formulated for inflamed, irritated, and clogged skin, the elixir uses active plant oils and extracts alongside CoQ10, vitamin C, and various phytonutrients to heal, hydrate, soothe, brighten, and clear your skin. It’s amazing. I use it almost every night to help keep my skin clear and calm.
- Kester Black Nail Polish (Poppy and Buttercream shown above) // Click Here for the Review // These are the prettiest colors! I love using them together or on their own and Kester Black makes some other lovely non-toxic nail colors for any kind of taste.
- Kure Bazaar Nail Polish (Smokey, Boyfriend, Sofisticato shown above) // Click Here for the Review // I rant and rave about the non-toxic, 5-free nail colors from Kure Bazaar, but I’ll say it again. They’re beautiful, high shine, long lasting, and have so many stunning colors. They’re my favorite.
- May Lindstrom The Jasmine Garden Mist // Review coming soon! // This is a very recent discovery for me! I just got this one last month. It narrowly beat out my other favorite, the Pacific Mist from TN Botanicals, because I had this on hand and not that one, but if I’m honest, they both smell incredible and work really well to help hydrate and refresh skin. You will love either one!
- Studio78 Paris Concealer // Review coming soon! // This concealer has been on my favorites list for months and months now. It has just the perfect consistency between hydrating, pigmented, and non-creasing. It’s amazing, you will love it, and you need only the smallest amount to cover dark circles and blemishes. It’s awesome. I will review this when I remember to – sorry for the lax!
- RMS Beauty Living Luminizer // Review coming soon! // Another favorite since forever, this is one I use all the time. It’s so subtle for highlighting high points on your face, inner eye corners, brow bones, and cupid’s bow. It’s lovely and not overly shimmery or glittery. It’s perfect for anyone who wants the glowing skin effect without looking oily, greasy or like a 12 year old girl who got hold of glitter.
- Vintner’s Daughter Active Botanical Serum // Click Here for the Review // This is the face serum to end all face serums. I love all my other face serums and I will continue to use them, but if I could only have one, it would probably be this one because it does it ALL. It helps clear acne, heal scars, prevent aging, hydrate skin, and even out tone all in one go. It’s amazing. Try it. It’s awesome. April. the founder, is a freaking genius – go buy her serum ASAP!
- Gressa Minimalist Corrective Serum Foundation // Click Here for the Review // Gressa is and has been my favorite foundation for years. I use other ones here and there, but I always come back to this one because it’s brilliant, looks like a second skin, applies like a serum, and actually IS a serum. It includes pigment that offers light-medium coverage to even out your skin tone while the serum part of this fights off free radicals, heals and nourishes skin, and even helps heal acne. It’s amazing. You will love it. It’s expensive, but it lasts forever because you need literally 6-8 dots of this stuff to cover your whole face depending on the level of coverage that you want. I love it. I get so many compliments wearing it. People say I have perfect skin; I don’t. I have this.
- W3ll People Expressionist Mascara // Click Here for the Review // This mascara is a recent discovery from the Best of Green Beauty 2015 Box I got from The Detox Market and I’ve loved it since I got it. The wand separates lashes flawlessly and gives decent volume to my lashes while the formula is light, gentle, and non-irritating so it doesn’t weigh my lashes down, irritate my eyes, or make them itch at any point. As someone with bad allergies and sensitive eyes, I call that a major win.
- May Lindstrom The Problem Solver Face Mask // Click Here for the Review // Another constant favorite of mine, the May Lindstrom Problem Solver Mask has yet to be dethroned as my go-to acne fighting mask. It’s just amazing. It warms up on your skin and helps calm, clear, even tone, and declog pores in what feels like an instant. I definitely think it’s helped keep my skin consistently clear over time. I use it on small spots, as a weekly mask to fight breakouts and clear out my pores, and basically whenever my skin is breaking out for no reason. This does the trick every time and until it stops doing it’s job or I find something else that does it better, I will keep on purchasing.
It was SO hard to pick just 15 products for this list so if it did make the list, then you know I REALLY loved it! That said, there were a few more products I felt compelled to mention in this post because they truly were loved throughout the year, were repurchased, or are on my list of items to repurchase.
Honorable Mentions: TN Botanicals Pacific Body Oil, TN Botanicals Pacific Mist, TN Botanicals Hair Care (fine hair), Tabitha James Kraan Hair Care (imbalanced scalp and damaged hair), MAHALO Balm, RMS Buriti Bronzer, One Love Organics Pink Heart Konjac Sponge, Alima Pure Eye Shadows (especially the pearl and shimmer ones), Antonym Cosmetics Eye Quads (matte colors), TN Botanicals Pacific Face Oil, Zyderma Cream, Josh Rosebrook Deep Hydration Serum, Kypris Body Elixir Inflorescence, JustNatural Skin Calming Body Wash, Vitruvi Aromatherapy, Morphologically, Cocovit, Leahlani Honey Microdermabrasion, MOSS Equilibrium Serum, Graydon Sun Cream, Thesis Deodorant Spray, Soapwalla Deodorant Cream, TN Botanicals Gentle Retinol Serum, Tabitha James Kraan Dry Shampoo, One Love Organics Dry Shampoo, ZAYA Hair Oil, Kumari Luxury Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment, One Love Organics Vitamin C Body Polish, Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream, White & Elm Cleansing Oil, Mungo Murphy Seaweed Bath, Tatcha Blotting Papers, Hourglass Ambient Blush, Kypris Blemish Clearing Serum, and Zuzu Luxe Lipstick in Rapture. <<< You can find reviews for all of these products by typing them into the search bar at the top of this page or leave a comment below and I can link you directly.
Top Green Beauty Brands for 2015: MAHALO Skincare, Kester Black, MOSS Skincare, Gressa Skin, Vintner’s Daughter, True Nature Botanicals, Josh Rosebrook, Leahlani Skincare, Tabitha James Kraan Hair, Kure Bazaar, One Love Organics and Kypris Beauty.
What Are Your Green Beauty Favorites for 2015?
Come Chat With Me!
*Affiliate links in post; Not all links are affiliate.