Mermaids have always been surrounded by a certain level of mystique. Whether it’s the fact that these mythical creatures possess a unique set of persuasive, nearing on deadly, abilities, their power of song, or maybe just their unmatched beauty. We’re always enamored with mystery and I think that mermaids embody the mystery of the sea in the best way!
For those of us mere mortals who grew up on a steady diet of The Little Mermaid and want to live as close as possible to the real deal, this is as close as we’re likely to ever get (unless you’re this chick) to being under the sea, but hey; a girl can try!
How to Live Like A Mermaid All Summer Long
- Swim in the Ocean. You know, because you’re a mermaid now and that’s what merfolk do. That’s right; I said Merfolk.
- Bath in the Sunlight. Bask in the wonderful vitamin D sun! Pish posh, mermaids don’t get sunburned! (You do, though, so check below for sunscreen love!)
- Comb Your Hair with A Fork. Or you know, don’t comb it at all. Because mermaids.
- Wear Pink, Purple and Shades of Blue and Green. Obviously, these are the official mermaids colors, am I right?
- Make Friends with Fish, Sea Crabs. Because under da sea! Where it is wetter, everything’s better, breaking out into song with sea lobsters… 🙂
- Sing at Sunset. What else would you be doing at sunset?
- Have a Whale of a Good Time! Look for buried treasure in shipwrecks, make friends with all the creatures of the sea, and avoid Ursula; she’s cray!
- ILIA Tinted Lip Conditioner in Shell Shock – Read My Review Here – This color is perfect for summer and totally ideal for mermaids! It’s the prettiest coral pink 🙂 Check out my review for lip swatches ♥
- COOLA Sunscreen Sport Spray – Read My Review Here – This is my absolutely favorite sun care brand! Coola makes natural sunscreen products and their sport spray is, by far, the most convenient option for all-over sun protection. Plus, their sunscreens smell amazing and include antioxidants; need I say more?
- Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream – Read My Review Here – I’m a huge fan of Jane Iredale makeup and their BB cream is probably one of the few Western BB creams to actually measure up to it’s Asian counterparts. This has great coverage (medium-full), smells delicious, and includes a heap of natural ingredients to nourish your skin while you wear it!
- Mermaid Hair – This is the one item I haven’t tried from my list, but it looks divine! The shampoo and conditioner are scented with a combination of orange blossom and ocean breeze which sounds incredible. On top of the scent, they’re both sulfate-free and cruelty-free.
- Olivine Love + Salt Spray – Read My Review Here – This stuff is addicting! If you want beach waves, this is the ultimate sea salt spray to do it! Formulated with natural ingredients, this spray smells just like the beach, works like a charm, and can be used on both your hair and body for a quick refresh ♥
- Kure Bazaar Nail Polish in Caicos – Read My Review Here – Kure Bazaar polishes are my favorite! Their formulas are non-toxic, 5-free and inspired by fashion and nature! Plus, their colors are all gorgeous, long lasting, and high shine. Need I say more?
- Alima Pure Day to Night Collection – See Swatches Here – I just purchased this collection recently and they are the prettiest colors for summer. The perfect shimmery taupe, copper bronze, and a beautiful peachy blush. The coffee brown eye pencil is also surprisingly pigmented. Makeup looks coming soon 😉
- Thesis Mermaid’s Cheek Seaweed Face Mask – Read My Review Here – This face mask smells kind of gross; just like seaweed and brine, but it works SO well. If you can stomach the not-so-pleasant scent, it’s definitely worth it. It gently heals acne, calms redness, and detoxes your pores.
- Mungo Murphy Seaweed Bath – Read My Review Here – Another sea-scented bath, this is a seriously natural way to soften your skin up. The seaweed is literally encased in a kind of tea bag. You put the bag into a bowl of boiling water and let it steep for several minutes while you fill up your bath. Once your bath is ready, pour in the seaweed tea, sink into your bath, and enjoy all the beauty benefits the seas of Connemara have to offer!
More Mermaid Favorites:
Would You Love to Be A Mermaid?
If Not, What’s Your Ideal Mythical Creature?
Come Chat With Me!
*Affiliate links in post; Not all links are affiliate.