* Sponsored: This post was kindly sponsored by Okoko Cosmetiques; All opinions and thoughts are 100% my own. Sponsorship never guarantees a positive review. For more info, please see my partnerships page ♥
Spring Skincare ♥
I adore spring skincare! There’s something so fresh and bright and wonderful about it. Perhaps, it’s because I’m an April baby, but the idea of ushering in the spring season with glowing skin sounds just like heaven to me. And, as luck would have it, I recently partnered up with a new brand – Okoko Cosmetiques – and that seemed like divine intervention! Because, let me tell you, this brand is something SERIOUSLY special and it couldn’t be more perfect for upcoming spring ♥
PSST! Be sure to scroll to the bottom for a surprise! 😉
About Okoko Cosmetiques
About the Name: Okoko combines the meaning of Oyéta’s first name which means “unique or rare” and last name (Kokoroko) which signifies “strength.” The philosophy of these combined themes is the inspiration for Oyéta’s brand, Okoko, and her wish to empower her customers to achieve natural and holistic strength and wellness of body and mind.
Founded by Oyéta Kokoroko, Okoko Cosmetiques was launched in early 2016 with an aim to offer a natural and holistic skincare brand that is not only effective and result driven, but also for the good of all. Okoko seeks to enact positive change in the community, the environment, and your skin. Each product is handmade in small batches with high quality, natural, fair-trade, and sustainable ingredients. Their products include a line of face masks, toner, serum, and balm suitable for both men and women of all skin types and concerns. Okoko also offers custom skin solutions for those who need them.
Born in Togo, West Africa, and raised in Quebec, Canada, Oyéta is one of the most beautiful women you’ve ever seen and her journey to a more holistic life is similar to many others in the green community. After experiencing skin issues and severe joint pain due to a poor diet, she sought out a natural solution. With her newfound natural approach, she managed to heal her body and her joint pain disappeared. She then went on to study holistic nutrition and, subsequently, at Formula Botanica where she learned to formulate natural cosmetic formulas. Thus, Okoko Cosmetiques was born!
Okoko Cosmetiques Review
How to describe this very unique balm? Sublime Balm is a limited edition balm meant to assist all your spring skincare issues in one go. It hydrates, brightens, repairs, and protects any and all skin on your body and smells incredible! A bright citrus scent, the natural aroma of this blend includes neroli, orange, vanilla, chocolate, and jasmine. The formula includes mango and cocoa butter, raw cocoa and edible vanilla, argan, astaxanthin(!), calendula, carrot tissue oil, and rare tomato oil (vitamin A AKA retinol, ya’ll!). It instantly brightens and hydrates my skin and a little goes a LONG way. I’ve used this as a night treatment to rejuvenate my skin or as a base for makeup. The only thing I don’t like about this balm is that it can feel like too much if you use too much of it. Use it sparingly because otherwise it might feel heavy, leave a residue, or make your makeup move around too much. Using only a small amount, this works great.
Sublime Balm is brilliant and 100% multipurpose. It hydrates my face, hands, feet, and any other troubled spots.
Moreover, it doesn’t break me out or feel heavy like some balms (if used sparingly) which garners a massive approval from me! I’ve been using this over a month now and it definitely gives me a massive glow! I love using it at night to wake up with instantly refreshed skin. Alternatively, it preps my skin beautifully before makeup application, especially when using my favorite foundation bases, the Gressa Foundation and Hynt Beauty Concealer.
- Astaxanthin (65 times stronger antioxidant power than vitamin C)
- Nourishing Mango and Cocoa Butter
- Carrot Tissue and Rare Tomato Oil (natural vitamin A and resveratrol)
Scent: Sweet, Light, and Refreshing Citrus
Ways to Use:
- Overnight Hydrating + Brightening Treatment – Gentle exfoliate your skin with a face scrub or the Gentle Facial Treatment Mask (shown below) and massage a thick layer of the Sublime Balm onto skin. Leave on overnight and rinse in the morning.
- Moisturizer + Dewy Glowing Makeup – After cleansing, use a small, dime sized amount and massage into skin. Wait 3-5 minutes to allow the balm to absorb into skin before application foundation as usual. You can also mix a foundation powder with a little balm to create your own DIY cream foundation, if you like!
- Quick Hydrating Cleansing Balm for Glowing Skin – Massage Sublime Balm into your skin in circular, upward strokes. Add a little water to your hands and continue massaging the balm into your skin. Buff out excess with a washcloth and apply sunscreen before going out (if it’s during the day).
One of the awesome things about the La Boue de Beauté Mask is that it’s formulated for even the most sensitive skin types. It’s gentle and doesn’t cause skin irritation, but also gives my skin a sense of rejuvenation and clarity after each use. I love using this mask when my skin is feeling dull or inflamed. It’s not my personal favorite for use on breakouts, but it’s brilliant for brightening my skin.
It’s not one of those intense face masks, but I definitely notice a big difference when I use this 1-2 times weekly as I have been the past month or so.
When mixed with water, it fizzes up like many powder masks and turns into a gentle mousse consistency. I apply with a face mask brush and leave on for 15-20 minutes, spraying with toner now and then. You don’t want to allow the mask to dry. This will keep all 23 active ingredients working on your skin. I’ve also used this mask with manuka honey and that gives it a more soothing effect whereas water feels more like gentle exfoliation and detoxifying.
- Vitamin C (powerful antioxidant)
- Licorice Root and Turmeric (skin healing and soothes inflammation)
- Natural Earth Based Clay (detox and pull toxins out of skin)
Scent: Subtle and Relaxing Floral
Ways to Use:
- Gentle Exfoliation – Mix 1 tablespoon of the Gentle Facial Treatment Mask with equal parts water. Mix gently until the powder turns into a mouse. Apply with fingers or a face mask brush and leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Soothe Inflammation and Heal Breakouts – Mix 1 tablespoon of the Gentle Facial Treatment Mask with 1/2 tablespoon of water and 1/2 tablespoon of manuka honey. Apply with fingers or a face mask brush and leave on for 15-20 minutes
TIME FOR A SURPRISE!
I’m having a very special event over on my instagram starting later this week in partnership with Okoko so be sure to follow me to be the first to know!
What Are Your Favorite Products for Spring Skincare?
Have You Experienced Okoko Cosmetiques?
Come Chat With Me ♥