MUN Skincare Review
I trialed MUN Aknari Serum – click here to see that post – ages ago, but they’ve since changed the formula (and the name) so I decided to give it a go a second time. I’ve also been trialing their rose toner alongside this as the lovely people over at MUN Skincare because it’s supposed to be good for achieving brighter skin. Previously, I wrote about easy ways to get glowing skin, but I think getting brighter skin is a big different because getting a glow is something everyone wants and can be attained with skincare and makeup while getting brighter skin is dealing with more of a skincare issue so I thought I would offer some tips on that too!
MUN No. 1 Aknari Brightening Youth Serum // So, what’s the difference between this serum and the old one? Put simply, the formula. This serum is now 100% ECOCERT organic ingredients! The function of it is much the same and my opinion of it has not changed. It’s a lovely, light plant serum with a nice, lightly floral scent. The serum is thick, but not heavy on the skin and definitely helps brighten up any dullness. The formula includes argan, rose and prickly pear seed oil so it’s wonderful for hydration and softness. I saw the most difference in the skin around my eye area, especially where capillaries were concerned. I’m the kind of person who rubs my eyes a lot and this serum definitely seemed to help heal and shrink broken capillaries so I am singing the praises of that! MUN also recommends using this serum if you deal with a lot of sun damage, spots, or other discoloration caused by the sun as it’s high in antioxidants and has tons of healing power.
Ingredients: Prickly Pear Seed Oil*, Argan Oil*, Bulgarian Rose Oil*. *ECOCERT Organic
MUN Rejuvenating Rose Toner // This lovely toner was completely new to me and I’ve really loved trying it out with the serum. Combined, they really do help brighten the skin. The formula of this toner is great because it does include a ton of potent ingredients to heal, hydrate and soothe your skin. Notable ingredients include aloe vera, rose, willow bark, goji berry, prickly pear, hyaluronic acid, and several others. The main thing I noticed about this serum is it’s ability to refresh and soften my skin. I really love that about this and it definitely works well with the Aknari serum, especially. You can tell they were made to be used together. The only thing I didn’t like about this serum is that the first ingredient is water and for $68, I feel like there would be a lot more value if the base was aloe or rose instead of just water. Just my opinion.
Ingredients: De-ionized Water, Rose Hydrosol* (Rose Water), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice*, Maltodextrin, Opuntia Ficus-Indica (Prickly Pear) Stem Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit (Goji Berry) Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract*, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower Extract, Bellis Perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract, Xanthan Gum, Vegetable Glycerin, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol. *ECOCERT Organic
5 Simple Beauty Tips for Brighter Skin
- Hydration. If you want your skin to function optimally in any capacity, hydration is the ultimate! Drink enough water, use hydrating beauty products, and eat hydrating foods to help your cells work more efficiently at healing, hydrating, and keeping your body healthy.
- Sleep. Another really important factor to consider is sleep. Sleep can make or break your skin. Getting 7-9 hours of sleep is probably the sweet spot for most people and it’s important because your body needs time to repair and that includes your skin.
- Sunscreen. Using a natural sunscreen and a good antioxidant serum are your best defense against premature aging. Did you know the sun can damage your skin even after the sun goes down? So, using a sunscreen will protect your skin and a potent plant based face serum will help repair any damage done during the day by UV rays and other free radicals.
- Brightening Treatments. Of course, you may want to invest in brightening skin treatments like a brightening serum to treat any existing damage. If you previously worshiped the sun and are now freaking out over some sun spots or discoloration, you’ll gain some relief from using a good serum with plant based brighteners, vitamin C, and hyaluronic acid.
- Relaxation. The last thing you want to do is CHILL OUT. Stress can harm you in so many ways. It can cause illness, disease, acne, etc. Find a nice way to relax whether that’s yoga, coloring, dancing, or maybe indulging your inner child.
Have You Tried MUN Skincare?
Come Chat With Me!
[show_ltk_widget rows=”1″ cols=”6″ show_frame=”true” user_id=”88273″ padding=”2″]
*Affiliate links in post; Not all links are affiliate. PR Samples provided by MUN Skincare; All opinions are 100% honest and entirely based on my personal experience.