10 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me…
As much as I try to share bits of my personality on this blog, I’m sure it’s hard to know someone via green beauty tips and eco fashion. That said, I’m making an effort to share more fun facts and awkwardness to bring a closeness with ya’ll. The first step is by posting awkward photos of myself (why hello, yes, I was in a Best Buy bathroom 😀 #noshame). The second step is sharing a few things you probably don’t know about me…
- I wear glasses. Not the fake kind; the real kind which help me see properly. It sucks. When I was younger, I had a weird obsession with wanting both glasses and braces for reasons unbeknownst to me. I cannot tell you the instant regret once I had to get actual, real-life vision tools. And yes, I’m aware of the cruel irony.
- I have an irrational fear of bugs. As in, I have nightmares about giant cockroaches attacking me. I sleep like I’m dead, but yet, if I think I hear a fly buzzing or a spider crawling, I wake up instantly as though I’m some kind of kung fu master with a sixth sense. For killing bugs.
- If things get too dirty or cluttered, I start to freak out and feel suffocated. It’s not that I’m a neat freak because I’m not. It’s just that if things get too out of hand with piled up dishes or cluttered dirty clothes piles, I start to feel like I’m being buried alive in stuff. I think it has something to do with my fear of becoming a hoarder despite not collecting things and cleaning out my closet regularly.
- I really love healthy foods. I know a lot of people say that, but my favorite foods growing up were artichokes, beets, and cucumbers.
- I was voted most likely to succeed, but never finished college because college is damn expensive. Who can afford that without selling organs on the black market? I was a good student all throughout school, but I really just didn’t want to take on debt to get an education. Education is a privilege to those who work for it, but I don’t think it should have to cripple your life to get one.
- Most overused words : Literally as in “I literally had to take that douche bag down a notch.” Legit as in “that chipotle salad was straight up legit.” Random as in “Life is so random.” I also curse a lot. Sorrynotsorry.
- I’m an adjective and superlatives abuser. I can just never say a precise feeling. It’s not, “I feel sad.” It’s “I literally feel so sad about this. I really, really do.” Because people won’t know how much I mean it unless I emphasize. I’m having flashbacks of my history teacher, Mr. Erbst, making us tally on the board how many times we used “like” and “umm” while presenting our reports…
- I religiously re-read the Harry Potter series every year. I will re-read a good book over and over again and Harry Potter is my ultimate of good book series. It started out with me as a kid, rereading the books before every new book and movie release. Now, it’s just become a habit.
- I am that annoying person who watches films and TV shows they like about a million and one times. I know, I’m sorry (not really though). People always think it’s bizarre when they see me watching an entire TV show series or trilogy of films over again, but I can’t help it. I like to, mentally, take apart a story, it’s characters, the actor’s choices and movement, etc. I will sit there and analyze for ages. When I was 10, I watched What Dreams May Come more times than I can count because I was obsessed with the scene in which Robin Williams tells his wife to “Never Give Up.” Water works every single time. I’ve seen Tenth Kingdom more times than I’d like to admit and don’t even get me started on the Lord of the Rings films, Harry Potter films, or the Misfit TV series.
- Despite studying acting, I hate lying. It sounds totally stupid now that I’m reading it out loud, but it’s the truth. I was the kind of kid who would confess the truth to my mom without a fight and accept punishment. I just don’t like not being straight with people. On top of that, my feelings are usually really easy to read on my face so it’s hard to hide what I feel.
If you can’t get enough and want to learn more about me, feel free to check out these other posts I’ve done: