What’s In My Weekend Travel Bag?
Although I love a good trip to far off places during the summer, I sometimes find that the best trips are the spontaneous weekend getaways to someplace nearby. For us Californians, that usually means Las Vegas, Arizona, or one of the many awesome beach cities nearby. Since it’s so close, I can usually keep my travel essentials to a minimum and that’s definitely something I love because who wants to pack a bunch of stuff up for a simple weekend away? Ain’t nobody got time for that, am I right?
Since I’d much rather pack light and simply in a way that feels pretty effortless, especially when it’s so hot during these summer months, I find that keeping my travel essentials paired down to exactly what I might need most works best.
My Weekend Getaway Travel Essentials
- Tampax Pocket Pearl – I love these little Tampax Pocket Pearl tampons! You can get them at Target which I LOVE because Target! They’re available for a very affordable price and they’re so tiny that they literally fit right into my pocket or the palm of my hand. There have been times when I’m away and ironically start my period (because of course); these little gems are so small they fit into side pockets of my purse, jeans pocket and even the palm of my hand when I sneak off to the ladies’ room. I love how cute and discreet they are, to the honest, and the small size means they don’t take up all the room in my cosmetics bag which I’m all about.
- S.W. Basics Makeup Remover – This is my first experience with S.W. Basics and I’m loving this one! The makeup remover is basically a cleansing oil and it smells lovely. I got this in the small 2 oz. for the sake of travel-friendly sizes, but I think you can get it in a larger size as well. The 2 oz. seems like it would last a good while if you just wanted to try it and I love that S.W. Basics offers skincare products with limited ingredients. This makeup remover has only 3 organic plant oils in it and that’s it. The formula comes in a glass bottle with a lid on the top to make sure only a little bit comes out at a time as it’s meant to be strained onto a cotton pad. I love love love this one!
- Q-Tips – Let me preface this by saying that I can’t go anywhere without Q-tips. They are my lifeline. I was born with ears that never fully sealed so it basically looks like both my tragus’ are pierced. Because of this, I’m prone to water retention in my ears as well as swimmer’s ear. This had led to a lifelong addiction to using Q-tips directly after the shower, pool and beach to make sure my ears stay dry.
- Bare Republic Mineral Sunscreen – If you have wanted to try COOLA sunscreen spray, but $30+ is too much to blow on sunscreen, try this one! The Bare Republic line of sun care products is available exclusively at Target and is actually a collaboration between Target and COOLA. Thanks to Target’s awesome prices, these all natural mineral based sunscreens are available at around $14.99 for the sunscreen spray and others for much cheaper than the COOLA line is.
- Jane Iredale Glow Time Mineral BB Cream – This is my go-to for beach days when I want glowing coverage without using anything too heavy. This mineral based BB cream offers impressive coverage, uses all organic plant ingredients, and includes SPF25 so you can protect your skin while you wear it.
- Kari Gran Lip Whip in Marsala – Kari Gran Lip Whips are so incredibly hydrating and softening to lips. They’re 100% natural and this one comes in a beautiful marsala tint which gives my lips a subtle hint of berry while making sure my lips stay hydrated, plump and soft all day long.
- Altoids – Altoids are a fond love of mine, especially when traveling. I love the spearmint flavor just in case I get carsick or want something to munch on during a long drive. Plus, it’s always nice to have fresh breath!
- Magazine – Who doesn’t love a good magazine when traveling? If you’re taking a flight, they’re great to have if the flight isn’t super long. Otherwise, I like having them on hand if I know I’ll be lounging at a pool or on the beach. As much as I love books, sometimes it’s just nice to have something to veg out and read that doesn’t require an enormous amount of critical thinking.
What’s In Your Weekend Travel Bag?
Come Chat With Me!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.