Valentine’s Day Gift Guide
Valentine’s Day is a little over a week away and, if you’ve been following my blog, you’ll know I prefer a V-Day focused on treating yourself and hanging with friends to one filled with romance, but if you’re taken and happy, that’s cool too! That being said, since I feel like V-Day should be more focused on enjoying yourself, I came up with a fun gift guide for cute, pretty things that I think would be fun to gift yourself or someone special with this Valentine’s Day.
- Somewhere…Kate Spade Watch | I love the Kate Spade watch I got for Christmas and I thought it would assuage my need for Kate Spade, but it’s only made my love for KS grow! Isn’t this watch cute?!
- Kimchi Blue Apron Dress | I love the apron style of this dress and it’s super cute for V-Day. You could easily dress it up or down and tailor it to your specific style as well.
- OLO Glow Kit | One Love Organics is such a great natural beauty brand and this awesome skincare set is PERFECT for gifting yourself or someone special. Read my One Love Organics Review.
- Bella Freud Loving Candle | I’ve never heard of this brand, but the candle design is gorgeous! According to the description, the scent includes tuberose, amber, and sandalwood which sounds very sexy ♥
- Allison Lou Heart U Earrings | I love stud earrings. I much prefer them to drop earrings any day, which tend to get caught in my hair. This set is super cute and simple and festive without being gaudy or tacky. LOVE ♥
- OLO Healthy Locks Dry Shampoo | I’ve been wanting to try this dry shampoo from OLO for AGES. Everyone talks about how it doesn’t leave a film or white cast and absorbs oils without causing irritation. Most dry shampoos just make my head itch so this is on my wish list for sure. Read my One Love Organics Review.
- Olivine Love + Salt Spray | Olivine is a more recent favorite of mine and I can’t recommend it enough. I actually have this Love + Salt spray already and it smells like liquid beach/summertime! It’s very tropical in scent, the spray can be used on your body and hair and lends a gorgeous natural summer scent. Read my Love + Salt Review.
- The Art of Being A Woman | I discovered this book while browsing on Amazon and I plan on reading it at some point this year. I love the idea of reading about how to love and accept yourself a little more and be happy in your own skin because I think that’s something we all struggle with.
- Heart Midi Ring Set | I have been meaning to get a midi ring set for ages, but I haven’t gotten around to it and I love the simple, cute design of this one!
- Agent Provocateur Corset | Everyone knows that AP makes the most gorgeous, sexy, and feminine lingerie on the market. This corset is so pretty with it’s mesh/lace material, golden bronze color, and figure-hugging cut.
- Olivine Love + Roses Spray | Another Olivine spray, this one is Love + Roses. I haven’t tried it, but if it’s anything like the Love + Salt one, it’s sure to be a win!
- Olivine She Belongs There Fragrance | Yet another Olivine love, this was one of my favorites of the fragrances I tried out from Olivine because the scent is lovely, subtle but wonderful, and the story behind this perfume is that you can be confident, certain, and feel good in your own skin. That’s a message I can get behind. Couple that with the naturally formulated blend and I need this in my collection! Read my Olivine Fragrance Review.
Browse the Gift Guide:
My Worst Date EVER.
In honor of Valentine’s Day and as part of a link-up I’m participating in, I opted to share my worst date ever.
Back when I was single and around 18, I went on a blind date with a guy from LA off this website called Hot or Not (you may remember it, if you’re old like me LOL). Over the phone, we seemed to have a lot in common. He was funny, witty, and enjoyable to chat with so we agreed to meet up for dinner. I met up with him at his apartment because we agreed to hang out before dinner and then he would drive us to the restaurant. This is where things get weird. He proceeded to brag all over the place and attempt to impress me with his belongings. First, he went on and on about his TV and how much each piece in his apartment cost. We had some time to kill before our date so he suggested we scope out Melrose. On the way there, he got his jam on to some Beyoncé (the fuck?). Maybe I’m just a punk girl at heart, but it was a huge turn-off for me. I’m sure we looked seriously out of place. Me, in my ripped black skinny jeans and hoodie – him in his designer jeans and shirt. It was seriously awkward.
On Melrose, he asked me to pick out some clothes for him in Abercrombie & Fitch, a place I don’t shop on principle (because they’re racist…). I don’t think I was very amicable toward this end so we left Melrose and went back to his house to change before dinner. I thought maybe dinner would be different, but once we got to the restaurant (the only redeemable factor – the sushi was DELICIOUS), he began to belittle and tease me about how I was a country girl who didn’t know how to use chopsticks. I felt like Kanye with the “I’mma let you finish, but…” I am NOT a country girl. I’m actually from a small beach town and originally born in Upland, a suburb city, just 45 minutes outside of LA. I was raised my whole life in California so I’m not sure how that constitutes as being country, but whatever. AND I know how to use chopsticks. Can you tell I’m still a little bent over this date? LOL.
Anyway, so the dinner finishes after about an hour of him just going on and on about my country bumpkin self (?) and how great he is. He attempted to pay for dinner, but I made sure to split the check. We go back to his place and I hurriedly changed back into my jeans. He then tries to put the moves on me in what feels like a really creepy, forced sort of way, but I make up some lame excuse about my dad needing my help and bounce like a bat out of hell. A few days after that, I write him to let him know he was a total jerk and that I wouldn’t be going out with him again. He writes back to say that I’m “not as pretty as I look in my photo.” We don’t talk for several months, but his sorry ass tries to write me yet again and ask me out. Not to quite Cher from Clueless, but AS IF. And that’s my story 🙂 Thank God those days are over.
What’s your worst date story ever?
Or, alternatively, what’s your best date story? I’d love to hear from you in the comments!
Valentine’s Day Link Love ♥
Come Chat With Me!