I got the idea for this love/hate tag from Along Came Molli who did it recently. It looked like a fun break from my normal posts and a chance to share something a little more personal so I thought I’d do it too! The tag is super easy to do as well. You simply name 10 things you love and 10 things you hate 🙂 Then you tag some people to share the fun!
The Love/Hate Tag
I LOVE ♥
- Anything Sci-Fi/Fantasy. I’m all about the mysterious beyond with myths, fairies, vampires, werewolves, and other wondrous things! If it’s science fiction or fantasy-related, I’ll probably watch it even if it’s bad haha.
- Halloween. As you might know from my blog, I LOVE Halloween! It’s my favorite holiday and surpasses even Christmas and my own birthday. I just love dressing up and playing different characters so yeah. Look forward to fun costume ideas and Halloween makeup looks; I’m already brainstorming!
- Dark Chocolate. If it has chocolate in it, I’ll probably eat/try it, but dark chocolate is my favorite. To be exact, frozen York Peppermint Patties. Those are my kryptonite!
- Acting. I love inhabiting different characters. It’s fascinating to live in someone else’s shoes for a little while and I really love discovering a deeper understanding of the world around me through their stories.
- Movies! I’m obsessed with watching movies and TV. I watch it all the time while I’m doing things, when I’m not, and I’ll basically watch anything and every kind of genre as long as the story is good. The only thing I really don’t watch is reality TV.
- Books! Again, I love a good story and books make a great escape, a great way to learn, and helpful to understand the world.
- Traveling. Discovering new places, learning about the culture, or learning the language. I just love soaking it all up and seeing the beautiful places of the world.
- Living Healthily. Whether it’s making and enjoying a good meal or finishing a difficult workout, it always feels like a small victory haha.
- Harry Potter. I always joke that I can probably relate everything in real life back to Harry Potter and, honestly, I pretty much can.
- Disneyland. Pretty much anything Disney-related, actually, but Disneyland especially. I’m hoping to plan a Disney cruise soon as well!
I HATE </3
- Manipulation. To a certain extent, we all do it, but really I just hate when someone constantly tries to manipulate a situation, play the victim or otherwise skew things in their favor.
- Real Housewives of Anything. Seriously, I know so many people love these shows, but I just find them so ridiculously stupid. Add to that American soap operas and overly exaggerated reaction shots of people turning around, old guys sitting at desks looking menacing, or women who are 40+ fighting over stupid shit.
- Chipped Nails. I have a bit of a nail-biting habit so keeping my nails painted prevents me from biting. Whenever they chip and look ugly, I also just feel like I need to get my life together.
- Insidious. This movie just terrified me for some reason. I’m not sure if it was the Hitchcock hallway shots or that old lady in the veil, but it really scares the crap out of me!
- Strangers Touching Me. Call me Puritan, but I’m just not comfortable with hugging or kissing strangers. I know that’s largely European to kiss cheeks, but even the American ass-out friend hug creeps me out. I just don’t want to touch you when I learned your name an hour ago, ya know?
- Bugs. I literally have nightmares of cockroaches attacking me. I’m sure this is some psychological sign of stress or anxiety, but I hate bugs. I hate them near my face or on me and if I think they’re dwelling on a nearby wall, I won’t rest until they’re dead. Sorry bugs – it’s you or me.
- Control Freaks. I enjoy a plan just as much as the next person, but I like a little spontaneity as well and I certainly don’t let the lack of a plan ruin my day. On top of that, control freak type people have a hard time compromising. They always have to direct the day so while I love my control freak friends, they equally drive me insane at times when I just wanna chill and go with the flow.
- Taking Liberties. I’m not a fan of people who, when given an inch, then take a mile. It’s not the fact of it, it’s the principle. If I loan you a dollar, don’t try to take 5.
- High Waist / Ass Out Shorts. They’re just tacky. Why do you need your butt to hang out of your shorts? I can taste the desperation from here…
- The Food Industry. I mean, not everyone, but on the whole, because they continuously feed people poison out of a box and call it healthy. That’s just evil.
I TAG 🙂