I was tagged by Katie of From My Vanity – thanks Katie! – and I thought this would be a fun tag to do as I’m always reading them and I find them both a lot of fun to read and a great way to get to know a blogger better so I hope you enjoy!
The Beauty Blogger Tag ♥
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight? Definitely on the curly/wavy side of things. What’s weird is I have a lot of hair, but it’s all very fine so if my hair is clean and it’s humid out, I look like a pomeranian LOL, but once my scalp sweats or gets oily, my hair looks so flat. It’s ridiculous. There is no happy medium to my hair without styling products and a blow dryer.
2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon? Lately, I haven’t colored my hair in over a year. I vowed last year to leave it alone after consistently coloring it every few months for years. In the past, I normally did color jobs myself, unless it required highlights or something complicated. I’ll leave that to the pros.
3. Do you wear the same style every day or change it? I wear different styles every day. I’m not someone who can subscribe to the same look all the time. It changes with the season and my mood. If I had one particular style that I usually lean toward as my kind of default look, it would be a punky kind of jeans + boots combination or some kind.
4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon? I almost never go to a salon for a mani/pedi. It’s just so ridiculously expensive for something I can do myself. I may not do it well, but I’ve gotten better with practice. To be honest, I only go to the salon if a friend asks me to go with them. Otherwise, I prefer to do my own nails with my own polishes. It’s therapeutic for me and I enjoy picking out the colors.
5. How often do you change your nail polish? At least once a week, sometimes twice a week if my polish chips or something. I really enjoy trying new colors and looks. It’s makeup for your nails!
6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer? I polish my toes year round. I never really thought about nobody seeing my toes in winter. That is a good point. I guess I just like to match my fingers/toes otherwise it just feels off somehow haha.
7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup? It depends. If I’m not putting on a full face of makeup, then 15 minutes. If I am, then like 30 minutes. I am so neurotic about eyeliner being equal, eye shadow looking even, and just generally making my makeup look good that I take a long time. Plus, I take a long time just deciding what colors to use that day. It’s always an adventure!
8. What do you do first, face or eyes? I normally always do my eyes first to avoid getting fallout on my foundation. That is such a pain to get off your face if you do your face first!
9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it? Sometimes I can collect makeup, but most of the time I just buy what I need. I enjoy trying new makeup and having pretty things, but I do try to keep my spending under control, especially because I tend to like the more expensive brands.
10. How often do you wear false eyelashes? Next to never haha. I hate them, but I love how they look. I hate putting them on, I feel like they never go on properly, and so I generally avoid them altogether for this reason. I usually reserve putting them on for special occasions.
11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday? No. I normally reserve makeup for the weekends and special occasions, to be honest. During the week, I stick to SPF or face powder, brow pencil and maybe some eyeliner and that is it. It takes way too long to do a full face and I work really early so yeah. Not doing that haha.
12. Do you wear makeup when you’re home alone or with family? I do both. I don’t mind if others see me with makeup or if they see me without it. It doesn’t make a difference to me.
13. Will you leave the house without makeup? Yes! In fact, I do it all the time. Sometimes, if I look tired, I might feel self-conscious, but I’m such a “don’t care” type of person in terms of caring about what others think of me so I usually just forget about the fact that I’m not wearing any makeup and go on with my day.
14. How many high-end products do you have? Probably quite a few. I don’t generally wear too many designer brands like Lancome or anything, but that’s mostly because I don’t normally like their products. That being said, boutique brands can be really pricey and the one I love: Hourglass is quite expensive.
15. Do you plan your OOTD or decide when you’re getting dressed? Sometimes I plan ahead, but most days I just tend to throw something on haha. I’m very impulsive at times with fashion.
16. How often do you change your handbag? Once or twice a season. I usually stick with one bag, but sometimes I’ll get tired of it and change it. It just depends on how I feel or if I purchase a new one.
17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep? I wake up at 6AM on work days, 10AM on weekends, and I usually go to sleep around 9-11PM on work nights and 12AM-2AM on weekends haha. I am a night owl.
18. How often or when do you workout? I usually work out at least 3 times per week on the low end, 6 times per week on the high end, and it’s normally in the evenings. I’m working at the moment to go to bed earlier and get up at 4AM so I can get in 2 mile walk/runs so hopefully that all goes well!
19. Left handed or right handed? I’m a lefty!
20. How tall are you? 5’6.5″ almost 5’7″ come on! haha. I doubt I will grow anymore, but one can hope!
21. Do you speak any foreign languages? Yes, I do! I speak Spanish (Mexican, South American dialect), some French (I used to be quite fluent, but lack of practice means I’ve lost quite a bit), and I know a little of Mandarin Chinese. Just a few basic phrases. Chinese is so hard, but fun!
[ this is Yoshi! ]
22. How many pets do you have? I have 2 dogs – Yoshi and Umi – they’re both Brussel Griffons.
23. How often are you on Blogger? Never, unless I’m reading someone else’s blog. I have wordpress haha.
24. Do you read comments posted on blogs? Yes! Not always, but sometimes if the post is particularly interesting I look to see what people said. It’s interesting to see other viewpoints.
25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts? Sometimes I do, especially if it’s something that looks really amazing or maybe that people have requested I review. It just depends. Mostly, I have a wish list of skincare makeup a mile long, but I usually pin it to remember instead of keeping a list. It’s just too much! LOL.
26. How did you come up with your blog name? It stemmed from my love of fairy tales. You can read all about it here.
27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs? Normally, I just use my Iphone 5S for photos, but occasionally if I can get hold of it, I use my mom’s Canon T3i.
28. How often do you clean your house? I don’t do a full clean every week, but I try to sweep, change sheets, do laundry, etc. weekly.
29. What’s your favorite color? It varies between years. Most of the time it’s between green and blue.
30. Do you swear? Yes, all the time. I’m like a drunken sailor. It’s bad. haha
31. What are you doing with the rest of your day? Working, doing the #friskyfall challenge workout of the day and going to bed early so I can try to get up at 4AM – wish me luck!
If anyone else wants to do the tag or has done it already, link me below in the comments so I can read your answers!