I’m seriously excited to share a new brand discovery with you all today and that brand is Kahina Giving Beauty.
If you’re around the green beauty blogosphere, you might have heard of Kahina already, but if not, then this is the time to read up and give their products a go! Out of all of the argan-infused beauty brands out there, I’m quite sure this is my new favorite.
Founded by Katherine L’Heureux in 2008, Kahina Giving Beauty was fueled by a personal experience she had while traveling through the Moroccan desert. After experiencing the healing powers of argan oil that have been utilized by Moroccan women for centuries, she brought the oil home to share with friends and family. Having been deeply touched by the connection she was able to forge between women across the world through this ancient beauty ingredient, Katherine ventured back to Morocco to meet with the women who extract this lovely beauty oil: the Berber women. Struck at once by a need to share this beautiful oil with women around the world, she also sought a way to improve the lives of the Berber women who made it all possible. Since starting her company, Katherine has made many trips to Morocco to ensure the ethical treatment of the women who extract the oil. As a testament to their artisan skills, the signatures of the women who extract this oil grace all the packaging of the Kahina Giving Beauty products.
“Kahina Giving Beauty is a holistic line of organic skin care named for a Berber Queen and prophetess, a symbol of empowerment and a heroine for the Berber women. Kahina Giving Beauty donates a percentage of profits to support programs that improve the lives of these women.”
I really fell in love with the story behind this brand not only because it helps to improve and support the lives of the women who work to extract the argan oil in all of the products, but also because the products share a story and create a profound connection between women all around the world. I love that idea so much. When I got the chance to review a few of these products, obviously I jumped!
Products I Love ♥
- 100% Argan Oil: The product that started it all, this oil is seriously something special. Ethically sourced by the Berber women, this oil is so pure and soothing. It glides on like a dream and it absorbs into the skin almost instantly. It’s perfect for a number of uses including use as a facial oil for hydration and fighting fine lines and wrinkles, cleansing oil, body oil, on hair to hydrate ends and fight frizz, and as a soothing treatment for irritations (including eczema) and minor cuts and burns. You can even use this mixed in with your body lotion to add hydration or your sunscreen to help fight free radical damage and protect the skin from outside irritants. This stuff is awesome! It’s such an easy, versatile product to use that I will definitely be picking up the full size of it once I run out. It’s one of those oils you’ll want to have on hand for anything and everything because it’s that useful. It has a surprisingly pleasant, but subtle nutty scent to it that really makes the entire experience feel grounded in nature.
- Fez Body Serum: This serum smells DIVINE! Winner of the Best Eco Product for the 2014 Swedish Beauty & Cosmetic Awards, this body serum is really lovely! Beautifully scented with exotic ylang ylang, patchouli, sandalwood, clove and cumin for a totally otherworldly feel, this oil is vitamin E and formulated with a variety of natural plant oils for a totally luxurious, yet nourishing experience. I really love the scent of this! It’s extremely hydrating, but it gets absorbed into the skin right away. It’s perfect to mix with a plain body lotion for a more beauty pampering feel. It feels so soothing and calming on my sensitive skin and I think it’s a wonderful way to hydrate your body while also naturally giving a fragrance to it. I think women who don’t like to wear perfume, but want to smell nice would really love this.
- Argan Eye Serum: This serum is wonderful for those of us who have a sensitive eye area! I tend to get milia (little breakouts and irritation) around my eyes if a cream is too heavy on the skin, but this serum is delightfully light and soaks into the skin very easily and quickly. It smells lovely (like all Kahina products), but the scent is subtle and doesn’t irritate my eyes. At the same time, the serum is seriously nourishing and hydrating to use and unlike many eye serums, it actually feels like it’s doing something useful. Many eye serums tend to just be face oils in disguise, but this one is actually well formulated with plant oils and active botanicals in order to help reduce puffiness, dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles, and improve the levels of collagen in the skin. I definitely will be picking this one up soon!
- Brightening Serum: Another wonder product from Kahina, this serum smells great as well. Formulated with a blend of argan, green tea, Japanese wakame seaweed, white lily, and maritime pine, this serum works to visibly reduce discoloration, hyper-pigmentation, acne scarring and spots, and other uneven tone. While working to correct existing discoloration, the serum also protects against further discoloration, brightens and gives skin a radiant glow, protects from environmental and free radical damage, and supports the skin’s natural defenses. I really love this serum. I think it’s definitely my favorite product out of the ones I was able to try. It smells lovely, subtle and pleasant, and I actually see a big difference in the look and tone of my skin. My skin looks more fresh, clear, and smooth and my acne scarring (mostly on my cheeks from teenage picking years) is noticeably lightened and less noticeable. And I’ve only been using this for 4 weeks so their claim of 4-6 weeks is definitely accurate.
- Kahina Night Cream: The Kahina Night Cream has definitely been getting a lot of press lately as one of the newer products from Kahina and with good reason! Formulated with argan and resveratrol and polyphenols derived from grapes, this cream is rich in plant oils and extracts which work to fight fine lines and wrinkles, build collagen to firm and lift, improve and smooth the tone and texture, hydrate and soften, decrease and calm redness, and protect from environmental damage. This cream is so, well creamy and very smooth going on. You need a tiny amount to cover your entire face, neck and decolleté and you will notice a huge difference in the hydration in your face. Not only that, but the amount of calm clarity this gives is incredible. I wore this as a night treatment and I literally wake up with glowing skin. I love that a little bit goes a long way because I’m all about value for my money and this is definitely worth it! The scent, like all Kahina products, is lovely but also subtle and I can see a big difference in the fine lines around my eyes since using it. Aside from that, I experience a lot less dullness and general ruddiness in my skin which it has a tendency towards so I love that this helps with that. I will definitely be purchasing this once my sample runs out as well!
- Rosemary Lavender Soap: Last, but certainly not least is the rosemary lavender soap. I honestly kind of wrote this off when I first received it, thinking it would be a waste of time as most bar soaps tend to dry my skin out, but then I tried it and WOW. This soap reminds me a lot of the black soap by Osmia, but with a more herbal, relaxing scent. Also, I didn’t use this on my face because I just now realized I didn’t even think to (my bad), but I did use it on my body and it was wonderful. It’s super softening, has a nice soft lather, cleanses without drying skin, and exfoliates so gently that it definitely won’t cause irritation though the difference is noticeable. Rich in plant oils and extracts, this soap is super nourishing without leaving any residue and will be great on any skin type, dry or otherwise. Despite it’s hydration properties, I actually think this would be brilliant for those who get body acne in the summer as well, especially because of the rosemary which is antibacterial, but this soap won’t dry your skin out like many of those drugstore acne body washes will. I am also repurchasing this once the funds permit. This was lovely to use and once of the few soap bars (along with the one by Osmia which was brilliant) that my body reacted well to. It made my skin feel hydrated, soft, smooth and clear without causing dryness or irritation so that’s a huge win for me!
Learn more about this brand and their wonderful world initiatives here.
Overall, I am really surprised. Kahina Giving Beauty is one of those brands where every single product I’ve tried is something I’ve loved. Not just liked, but loved. And I mean that really sincerely. You can feel the amount of care that goes into each product and that’s why they all work so effectively. On top of being very green and ethically made, they work effectively in a way that any skin type can handle and will love. I am also a huge fan of the fact that they are constantly donating to non-profits to help plant trees and also helping to improve and support the lives of the Berber women who source the argan oil in Morocco because that, to me, is worth more than the cost of any beauty product. Definitely check out this brand; you won’t regret it.
You can purchase their entire lineup straight from their site and also at Beautyhabit.
Shop the Post:
Have You Tried Kahina Giving Beauty?
What Do You Think of Their Super Green & Ethical Brand?
*affiliate links in post; not all links are affiliate.