Pretty Natural Summer Makeup Look
Forgive me if I look a little less than glowing in this, but I’m still kind of sick with a crappy cold LOL. That being said, I think the look came out really pretty! Despite the photo showing the eye shadow as looking green, it’s actually more of a turquoise color created by mixing this beautiful gold shadow with a pretty sea blue color. I don’t know why it photographed this way (maybe the crap bathroom lighting), but I promise it looks even prettier in person.
I created this look because I wanted to share a fun summer makeup look that was using all natural makeup products so you guys could see that you can get just as beautiful looks out of green beauty products as any other, if not more so because they’re safer to use on your skin and body than the conventional ones.
The Lowdown on Products Used:
- Golden Shimmer Face & Body Lotion (used on cheeks and decolleté)
- In Touch Highlighter in Comfort
- Jelly Jar Eyeliner Pot in Brown
- Lip Fixation in Craze + Compulsion (mixed together on lips – shown above)
- Mystikol Powder Eyeliner + Highlighter in Aquamarine
- Eye Shadow Triple in Golden Girl
- Eye Shadow Triple in Azure
- Zap + Hide Blemish Concealer in Z1
I was kindly sent these products from Jane Iredale and Living Nature to create this lovely summer makeup look so I used everything that was sent to create it (plus a few more) except the black liquid liner from JI. I used the brown one instead so it would be a bit more natural looking.
Blush is the 2 swatches (blended and full pigment) on the Left / Bronzer is the 3 swatches (blended, light, and full pigment) on the Right
- Living Nature Summer Bronzer
- Living Nature Blush in Warm Summer
- RMS Beauty Cream Eye Shadow in Solar ( as an eye shadow base – )
- Chantecaille Future Skin Foundation in Nude (this is actually really dark for my skin, but worked great for making me look like I had a bit of a tan!)
- Living Nature Mascara in Jet Black
- Brows – my typical matte brown shadow from the Becca Balearic Love Palette (now discontinued)
- Karen Murrell Lipstick in Carnation Mist (as a lip base for other colors)
Despite using quite a few products, the effect was not bad and actually really pretty. I really like the way my eye makeup came out with these colors. I don’t really want to do a tutorial for the look (sorry I’m not good at those LOL), but if you want to get a similar effect, simply mix some golden shadow with a sea blue color. The effect reminds me of that beautiful blue-seafoam green color that most of us associate with The Little Mermaid (or maybe that’s just me haha). You can use the ones from the 2 lovely Jane Iredale eye shadow quads or similar colors will probably work as well. Personally, I really love these quads as the shadows are all really pigmented and they’re great for creating seamless eye looks without putting too much thought into it. They’re also really awesome for travel.