I’m very excited to share today’s review with you all as it’s a green (natural) deodorant that I’ve been reviewing for about 3 ish weeks now and I’m more than thrilled that this is one that actually works! I just want to note that I received this deodorant in Bergamot & Lime scent so that’s what my experiences are based on.
Created in 2012, Jamie Schmidt sought to fulfill the needs for a natural deodorant that actually worked and worked well. Formulated in Portland, Oregon, USA, Schmidt’s Deodorants are formulated with all natural ingredients making them a much safer alternative to drugstore brands.
Reasons to Love Schmidt’s All Natural Handcrafted Deodorant
- Formulated with all natural ingredients
- Simple to apply and effective all day long
- Available in a variety of scents for both men and women as well as an unscented option for those with sensitive skin
- Deodorant works to neutralize odors while also absorbing wetness without clogging underarm pores
- Natural ingredients include hydrating plant butters and brightening essential oils for detoxed, bright and hydrated underarm area
Why I Love It + Tips on How to Use It
How to Apply
- If you’ve typically used a conventional drugstore brand of deodorant previously, you’ll want to detox your pits. The best way to do this is by letting your underarms “breathe” for a week or two and not applying any deodorant to them. For those who feel they MUST apply deodorant, you can use a slice of lemon or lime (simply rub onto underarm area) and this will keep the odors at bay and help detox the pores, though it will not control sweating.You can learn more about that DIY method here.
- After detoxing your pits or if you’ve been using a natural deodorant, you can get ready to use Schmidt’s!
- The convenient part about Schmidt’s is that each jar comes with a little plastic spatula to scrape the product out with. You literally need a DIME size to NICKEL size at most for both of your underarms.
- After scraping that amount out with the spatula, rub the small amount between fingers until the formula melts a bit and looks slightly creamy.
- Apply as desired to both of your underarm areas.
Why I Love It
I love this deodorant SO much! It smells great, though not overpowering, and controls odors for HOURS. To give you an idea, I was working out in the hottest room in my house with the window closed. I did HIIT for an hour so I was completely drenched and I STILL didn’t smell! Not only that, but the sweating in my underarm area was quite minimal after the workout so that’s always nice. Keep in mind, I’m not someone who sweats a whole lot so your experience might be different, but the odors should still be neutralized regardless. Also, I thought using a deodorant out of a jar would be really annoying, but it’s fairly simple and quick to apply. The formula goes from feeling sandy to a soft creamy oil after I rub a small amount between my fingers before applying. So, keep in mind if you try this, you will need to rub the amount between your fingers until it sort of melts a bit before applying that way it’s not too thick or sandy feeling (that’ll be the baking soda) when you do.
Overall, this is my new favorite deodorant! At $10, it does seem expensive, but I can see this lasting me WAY longer than a typical drugstore deodorant stick ever would. Not only that, but it’s a lot more body-safe and natural to use, the scent is lovely and subtle, and it works just as effectively as a conventional deodorant without clogging my pores or putting toxins into my body. On top of that, this particular scent is formulated with lime which helps keep my pores clear and bright while the shea butter and vitamin E helps keep them looking hydrated and soft.
You can purchase this deodorant at B-Glowing ♥
Have You Tried Schmidt’s Deodorant?
Do You Prefer All Natural Deodorant or Conventional Options?
*Affiliate Links in Post; Not All Links Are Affiliate.