Random Friday Favorites | Things I’ve Been Loving Lately #46
How did your week go? Mine has been a little on the tough side, but in a good, transformation kind of way. It’s been trying, but I’m sure the best is yet to come even though it’s been tough! I’m psyched for the weekend as I’ll FINALLY be going to Disneyland, enjoying some more pool time (I’m getting really good at treading water while playing water volleyball :D), and just generally enjoying the last month of summer. On top of that, I’ve successfully completed over a month’s worth of boot camp and I can feel myself getting leaner and stronger. It’s amazing. I’m really proud of my increases in endurance, strength, and stamina and I no longer time-travel home; I’m now fully conscious of that drive haha. This week’s post is all about fun things to do before the end of summer finally arrives!
Things to Do Before Summer Ends
- Poolside BBQ. BBQ’s are one of my favorite things to do during the summer. Good food and the pool is just a few steps away! My boyfriend’s mom recently bought a house with a pool and her grill is right next to it. We always spend weekends there, grilling up some fish and veggies, and it’s been a total blast!
- Make Popsicles. Sure, buying popsicles is easy and delicious, but making them can be a blast as well! I love making fruit infused popsicles best, but you can try any number of flavors. There are so many recipes online that are surprisingly easy to make!
- Fruit or Veggie Infused Water. There’s really nothing better than infused water. My favorite combination is cucumber, mint and a spritz of lemon. It’s SO refreshing if it’s hot outside and the cucumber carries tons of valuable nutrients to help keep you hydrated! Of course, if you prefer something a little sweeter, try any mixture of berries. Strawberries, blueberries and blackberries are my top picks. If you prefer something with carbonation, just add some lime and use club soda instead of water!
- Go to the Lake or Beach. Whatever is closest to you is fine as any body of water will do. Swimming is a wonderful way to stay active during the summer and it’s fun! You burn tons of calories if you’re swimming intensely or treading water for a prolonged amount of time as well. On top of that, you get a nice break from the heat for free.
- Bonfire + S’mores. Building up our fire pit for a small bonfire at the end of the night is a seriously fun way to enjoy something sweet after swimming all day long. On top of that, it’s really nice to relax with friends and family around the fire and just talk without the noise of TV or phones.
- Pick Berries. If you have a farm near where you live, it should be fairly easy to find one that grows berries. For a small price, you can go and pick your own berries right off the vine! It’s a fun, healthy way to spend the day with friends and family and won’t cost much either.
- Go On A Nature Hike. Although hiking can be a challenge, it’s a great way to stay active during the summer while also discovering new places and beautiful views. There are hikes everywhere whether you live near a lake, forest, or even the beach. If you’re not up to hiking, a nice evening stroll is also a great way to get out of the house, burn some calories, and chat with friends.
- Host A Themed Party. Themed parties can be expensive, but they don’t need to be. Make everything blue, create a fun s’mores station with some fruit-infused water and there you go! You have a themed party. You can get more elaborate or minimal as you like. Just have a good time and get together with the ones you love.
- Do Brunch. Brunch is one of my favorite things to do when I want to meet up and catch up with friends. I have a love for breakfast as my mom worked when I was young so we never ate breakfast. Breakfast was often cereal, coffee, or nothing. So, as an adult, I love going out for waffles, omelets, and enjoying some catching up with friends. You can do brunch at a nice restaurant or at your own home. If you plan one at home, agree on a set number of items with your friends and have one person bring drinks, a meal item, or the mimosas that way it doesn’t get too expensive.
Have You Signed Up for My Monthly Newsletter?
If not, sign up here! You’ll gain access to exclusive discount codes, sales, sneak peek and inside looks at brands, giveaways, AND exclusive content that’s not available anywhere else.
Not typically a fan of capes or fringe, but loving this one; it’s perfect for the beach!
Shop My Summer Favorites!
Summer is nearly it’s end so definitely get hold of my summer favorite while you still can! The summer shop will close at the end of August so browse the shopping page of my top picks all month long and then it’s gone forever ♥
- Nordstrom // Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is ENDING IN 3 DAYS! It’s finally open to everyone and ends August 3rd! There are TONS of incredible deals, exclusive items (especially exclusive beauty sets!), and more!
- Stuart Weitzman // SW is having a massive summer sale with select styles up to 50% off in their sale section! No code required – discounts are automatic on the site.
- Hautelook // They are not running any particular deal, but I recommend you go have a look as they are constantly having massive sales! They frequently offer designer brands for clothing, shoes and beauty at up to 75% off their original prices. Most recently, I’ve seen Too Faced, Cole Haan, Kenneth Cole, For Love & Lemons, Lovers + Friends, and Free People on offer.
Blogger Posts I Loved this Week:
- 20 Activities to Add to Your Summer Bucket List – Apartment Therapy
- Fun Summer Ideas for Kids – Crazy Little Projects
- 25 Summer Date Ideas – Glamour
- How to Host A Fun Backyard Party – How to Build It
- 10 Fun Summer Treats – Mon Cheri Prom
Wishing You A Lovely Weekend ♥
Come Chat With Me!
*Affiliate links in post; Not all links are affiliate.