How to Start A Profitable Blog RIGHT NOW!
I don’t profess to be the most competent of bloggers, but while I’m not the best, I’m probably still better than most newbie bloggers. Which basically means I’ve got some life advice to drop on you for how to take your blog from a ghost town to a blog that’s brimming with reader engagement and happiness. Here’s how to start a profitable blog RIGHT NOW, start earning extra income, and create a wonderful place that readers love to visit.
Your Ultimate Guide to Blogging
There are a few things to consider when you’re trying to become a better blogger. First of all, what is your blog really about? What kind of posts will you write? Will you share sponsored content, affiliate links, or other brand-endorsed posts? Will you do product reviews? There’s also the matter of SEO and social media tactics which can be terrifying if you have no idea where to start (don’t worry, I’m gonna help you!). So, here’s your ultimate guide to blogging – how to start one, what to do (or not do), how to grow your audience and keep them, how to pitch brands you love, and more.
If you’re still new to the blogging game, make sure you’re self-hosted FIRST ( I use Hostgator) and set up an email list with Mailchimp or Convertkit to begin collecting emails. Mailchimp is free and easy, but ConvertKit is better in the long run for scaling your list and growing your business.
An email list is SO important because it ensures your readers go with you wherever you are. That means you’ll never lose them to an instagram or facebook update and they’ll always get your content straight to their inbox. For tips on how to set up your blog, check HERE.
Blogging Life + Networking
Much of building yourself up in blogging is created by connecting with others. You can do this by networking with other bloggers, networking with brands, and also building a loyal readership that truly trusts you.
- Beware Shady Sponsored Content Opportunities
- PR Fail Stories
- Just Because We’re Bloggers Doesn’t Mean You Own Us
- 5 Thoughts Only Bloggers Will Understand
- Lessons I Learned from Blogging
Blogging Tips + Gaining Loyal Readership
Building up a loyal readership and figuring out the best course for earning an extra income that’s both effective and ethical are super important. Learning to make your profitable blog work for you rather than against you can lay the foundation for years to come.
- 5 Reasons PR’s Are Ignoring Your Emails
- The Best Publisher and Affiliate Networks for Bloggers
- Why Bloggers Shouldn’t Work for Free
- Media & PR Tips When Working With Bloggers
- Should You Write Sponsored Content?
- Why No One Comments On Your Blog
- How to Create A Blog Contract
SEO Tips for Blogging + Growing Your Audience
Don’t skimp on SEO! I thought I could ignore it for years, but I promise you that you can’t! It will cripple your growth and hinder more than help you. Good SEO can help you grow exponentially so it’s worth doing your research on.
Blog Post Ideas + Blog Photography Tips
Fresh out of blog content ideas? Bad a photography? These tips can help you!
- Photography Backdrop Ideas
- The Ultimate List of Blog Post Ideas
- Blog Post Ideas for Fall
- Blog Post Ideas for When You Have No Idea What to Write
- Holiday Themed Post Ideas
- Secrets to Awesome Blog Graphics
- Photo-Editing Apps
Social Media Tips for Bloggers + How to Grow Social Media Channels
Looking to grow your social media channels? These tips can help you do just that!
- How to Get Your Blog Noticed Online
- How to Grow Your Instagram Following
- Different Kinds of Blogger Collaborations for Fun + Profit
- Social Media Image Size Guide
- Social Media Building Blocks