Vapour Organic Beauty Review
Vapour Beauty is a brand I’ve had my eye on for literally years. They’ve been one of the bigger green beauty brands to pave the way, especially where natural and organic makeup is concerned. I finally got hold of some samples for review and have been testing out their efficacy for about a month now so read on to see swatches, my thoughts on the brand and more!
About Vapour Beauty
Vapour Beauty began when Krysia Boinis and Kristine Keheley, who had been working together for years creating products for other brands, got together to create products of their own that truly fit their beliefs. After much research and development, they partnered up with prestige beauty insider and former president of Kevyn Aucoin Beauty, Eric Sakas, to create Vapour Beauty. Vapour Beauty specializes in skincare and makeup products which are made up entirely of pure minerals, essential oils and organic plant ingredients, but don’t compromise on performance or presentation. The products are made from natural ingredients, but offer beautiful colors, sustainability, sleek and chic product packaging, and product performance that rivals mainstream beauty products. Their products use a minimum of 70% organic ingredients while the remaining 30% is made up of essential oils and mineral pigments. Their manufacturing process is done entirely in the USA with an eco-friendly manufacturing process. They use body-safe ingredients, no fillers and waterless formulas which means products last much longer, and recycled and recyclable packaging that helps reduce waste.
What I Love
- Atmosphere Luminous Foundation (100 and 125 shown above) – This foundation comes in a stick form and is very easy to apply. My only advice is that you use a good moisturizer just to make blending it out as easy and seamless as possible. The colors 100/010(concealer) were a perfect match for me, but if you’re a slightly more tan than my pale self, try 125/030 (concealer)! Those were pretty as well, but a tad too tan for my skin. That being said, this blended out beautifully and offers a creamy, satin finish to the skin. The finish has the ability to be dewy if you use a facial oil or more hydrating cream as well so it’s versatile in that aspect. This is a nice option for those who want the ability to be able to get light and also full coverage out of a single product. You can put on as little or as much product as you need so coverage is entirely up to you.
- Illusionist Concealer (010 and 030 shown above) – This illusionist concealer was a definitely favorite of mine! I struggle to find a good concealer that’s both hydrating, but not oily or drying to my delicate eye area and this really fit the bill. It goes on really easily and feels very creamy, but it doesn’t look oily and it’s very brightening for me which is something I really need as I have quite noticeable dark circles! I really loved this one very much and can’t recommend it enough!
- Stratus Instant Skin Perfector (in 904) – This was a product I thought I wouldn’t like because I tend to avoid shimmery sticks or any kind, primer or not, but I tried this one anyway and ended up really liking it! It helps to give the skin a lovely base and also makes your skin a lot more glowing once the foundation is applied over the top of this.
- Mesmerize Eye Color in Storm – This was a lovely soft, creamy smokey grey color that’s very easy to blend with other colors and it’s light enough to be used with daytime makeup, if you wanted to use it that way, but dark enough to smoke out for evening makeup looks as well.
- Elixir Plumping Lip Gloss in Discreet (nude-pink) – The first thing that struck me about this gloss is the scent; it smells delicious and fruity! The gloss itself is not sticky, but glossy and thick and easy to spread onto lips. I don’t know about the plumping aspect of this gloss, but I love the nudey pink color! It’s very sheer and pretty and it does give the lips a fuller appearance, but probably not anything that actually plumps lips in the long term (such a bust! LOL). It also looks really nice over the top of lip colors, including the Siren Lipstick.
- Siren Lipstick in Purr (soft pink) – This is the most beautiful soft pink color. It’s super wearable for all skin tones and it’s very much a pretty color, but it’s not too dark or too bright; it’s just right! (unintentional rhyming, I swear) It’s also pretty long lasting, though not waterproof or anything so if you eat something, it’s gone, but that’s not something that bothers me so I’m happy with this one as the color is gorgeous!
- Eyeliner in Viper (deep reddish plum) – This is a very interesting plum color. I imagined it would be a lot more purple than it actually is and it looks almost brown on the pencil, but more reddish plum when applied on the eyes. I like it because it’s pigmented, but light enough to wear during the day and very pretty for bringing out the color in hazel eyes like mine. It’s also very easily applied and stays on very well without smearing.
- Primer // Stratus Instant Skin Perfector in 904
- Base // Atmosphere Luminous Foundation in 100
- Concealer // Illusionist Concealer in 010
- Blush // Siren Lipstick in Purr used as a Cream Blush
- Contour // Atmosphere Luminous Foundation 125
- Eyes // Eyeliner in Viper (on top lid), Mesmerize Eye Color in Storm (over lids and lined on bottom lashes), and ILIA Mascara in Macao
- Lips // Siren Lipstick in Purr with Plumping Elixir Lip Gloss in Discreet layered over the top
- Brows // Illusionist Concealer in 030
Overall, I am super happy with these products. They definitely perform on par with, if not better, than conventional makeup products, in my opinion! I’ve completely gotten ride of my old foundations that were less than green this past month and replaced them with all natural ones, including this one. I really love the creamy feel and finish of this foundation and concealer and this concealer is one I find myself reaching for a lot to cover up dark circles because it is so brightening. I really loved the lipstick and the gloss as well; they’re very pretty together especially! Also, I was surprised to find I love the Instant Skin Perfector as a more solid primer on days when my skin feels dry or dull and needs brightening up. This really works well for that. The eyeliner and eye color were also lovely to use, but I can see myself using them less often than the others. That being said, I’d recommend any of these because they’re all wonderful and extremely easy to use. Plus, I love that they are organically and naturally formulated with body-safe ingredients and in recycled packaging that still looks very pretty as that’s something I look for in products, even green beauty ones.