8 Nail Care Tips to Keep Your Nails In Perfect Shape!
You can see the above nail polishes & more – HERE ♥
This post was requested awhile ago and it has taken me ages to get around to doing it (sorry!), but here I am finally making it happen (yay!).
Today’s post is all about your nails. There are a ton of ways to keep your nails and hands looking their best and these are a few of my favorite ways to make that happen ♥
Haven’t my nail painting skills improved? 😀
Yes, this is improvement for me haha.
♥ 8 Tips to Keep Your Nails in Perfect Shape ♥
- Trim & Maintain Nails & Cuticles. Overgrown cuticles and nails can tend to look kind of gross, in my opinion. Unkempt talons are really not my thing so I try to keep my cuticles pushed back with the cuticle pusher-backer tool (I have no idea the technical name lol) and it’s included in a simple nail kit like this one. I also trim or file my nails, depending on how long they are, so I can maintain a nice shape and avoid that jagged edge as I sometimes bite my nails. Yes, horrid habit, but I do it so deal with it!
- Keep Nails & Fingers & Hands CLEAN. This is a simple one. Always wash your hands, use a hydrating hand cream, avoid harsh soaps that dry hands and nails out, and be hygienic. That’s pretty much it.
- Nail Strengtheners. You can purchase nail strengtheners if you want, but I know a lot of people who just use olive oil (or any plant oil) and mashed up garlic. It smells kind of rank to be on your nails, but garlic and garlic oil are great for strengthening nails and creating a DIY treatment is a lot cheaper and usually more natural than buying one. The smell is something to cope with, but you can literally do a 5-10 minute treatment once a week. Otherwise, you can use only garlic oil and paint the mixture onto nails – once it absorbs, the smell dissipates
- Use Hydrating Oils & Creams Weekly. Just like your favorite face mask, you’ll want to apply a hydrating oil or cream to nails once or twice a week, depending on how dry your nails are. I use coconut oil straight out of the shower, but you can use what you like. I also use Steamcream to keep my hands hydrated and it works nicely for nails as well.
- Do A Deep Hand & Nail Treatment. Again, like your favorite face mask. A treatment is good for deep care and you can use any hydrating mask that you have on hand to do the treatment on your hands and nails. Before applying any mask, I use baking soda to exfoliate nails and hands and prep the skin to absorb the oil. A simple way to hydrate nails DIY style is by using your favorite oil ( I like coconut oil ) slightly warmed up (I just melt my jar of coconut oil in warm water). I then apply a thick layer of the oil over my hands and cover my hands in warm towels or latex gloves for about 30 minutes. This really hydrates hands and nails amazingly well.
- Paint Nails In Fun Colors. Obviously! I mean, what fun are nails if you can’t paint them? – that’s what I say anyway. Try new colors out or use seasonal colors; whatever floats your boat.
- Use Non-Toxic Nail Polishes & Removers. I know there are a ton of conventional nail polishes readily available, but it’s worth investing in more body-safe non-toxic options because there are a TON of natural nail brands that offer beautiful nail polish colors which are varied, safe to use, and super long lasting. My favorite brand is Kure Bazaar, but there’s also Priti, Scotch Naturals, Sheswai & tons more!
- Give Nails A Breather. Like anything else, sometimes your nails just need a break. Maybe you’re painting them too much, not doing enough hydrating treatments, or maybe not keeping them up so the best thing to do if they look a big damaged is to keep up the maintenance and treatments and then leave them alone for a bit so they can repair themselves.
How Do You Keep Your Nails In Good Shape?
Please Share You Tips in the Comments!
*Affiliate Links in Post.