In the new year, I always have a million and one things I’d like to put on my list of resolutions, but I have learned over the years that it’s best if I don’t overwhelm myself because I’m more effective at actually achieving goals if there are a select few which I can focus on. So, with that, here are my top 10 resolutions for 2014 ♥
- Eat My DRI (daily recommended intake) of fruits and vegetables every day. I try to eat fruits and vegetables daily, but this year I’d really like to actually consistently eat my 4-7 servings of fruits and vegetables every single day. Health is my #1 priority this year along with furthering my career goals 🙂
- Keep Sweets at no more than 15% of my overall diet. It’s not that I have a massive addiction to sweets or only eat junk; it’s just that I haven’t kept track of it really. I’ve either tried to avoid it altogether or just overdone it occasionally in this department so I want to really portion control this area of food this year.
- Reach My Goal Body Fat Percentage Range of 16-20% by June 2014. I am at a point in my fitness “journey” ( God I hate that expression though lol ) where I no longer care about weight in pounds because I’ve learned a lot about health and that fat percentage isn’t measured in pounds. So, with that, I’m working on not pounds lost, but inches lost and fat percentage lost based on science. I’d really like to reach my BF% by June 🙂
- Star In 3 Films. I am currently cast in a short film so I’m already a third the way to my goal!
- Build A Film Reel & Resume Site complete with accent sound clips, reel video, head shots, and resume.
- Get A Film/TV Agent. This has been on my list for awhile and I’d like to finally get a manager or agent.
- Become SAG-Eligible. Again, this has been on my list awhile and I’d like to achieve it this year 🙂
- Improve & Expand Number of Accents I Can Do. I can easily do British Standard, Cockney, Southern Standard, and somewhat Irish. I’d like to learn Swedish, Scottish, more solid Irish, French, and various other American accents.
- Learn to Speak Mandarin & Korean; Become Fluent in Spanish & French Again. I was previously really fluent in French and Spanish, but I got lazy and didn’t practice so I’ve nearly lost my ability to even speak and understand French, let alone be fluent and I can get by in Spanish, but have forgotten a lot of vocabulary. For Chinese, I’d like to formally start learning Mandarin at the college as well as Korean if I have time.
- Begin Learning A Martial Art. This has been on my list, but it has been really difficult to find a good studio, a good teacher and a legit place to train that isn’t MMA. It seems like everyone in my area does MMA or some kind of kick boxing. I’d really like to just take karate, muay thai or wu shu would be amazing.
What Are Your Resolutions for 2014?