So I began posting on my monthly goals each month a few months ago and I’ve found it to be pretty helpful with staying on track. I’m not saying it’s been entirely a fail safe, but it certainly does keep my head in the game and focused. That being said, if you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know I painted the picture above (or words, rather) on the wall opposite my bed to help motivate me more. This was due to the fact that 1. I felt really unmotivated and pissed off about it and 2. I have issues getting up early in the mornings, but I’d really like to so that I can start doing workouts in the AM rather than doing them so late in the evenings when I’m tired, lose motivation, etc.
Last month’s goals for September seem to have gone okay, but I think I fell off the deep end toward the end of the month. I certainly could have done better. I’m happy to say I’ve jumped right back on it this morning!
Last Month’s Goals & How I Did:
- Finish Insanity Workouts All the Way Through. I’ve done this a total of 2 times. Man, Insanity is SO hard! That being said, this is still a goal I want to achieve so I think I’ll be keeping this one on my list.
- Stay consistent with Insanity All the Way Through the 60 Day Plan and Beyond. Definitely have not done this. Still on my list.
- Eat well – lots of greens, fruits, grains, and portioned meals like the 5 meals per day plan outlined in Insanity. This totally did not happen. I have been eating okay, but I did a hell of a lot better last month with this. Definitely dropped the ball on this one!
- Save Money. I have somewhat done this one so I’m excited about that! It really isn’t much yet, but I’m proud for taking steps toward this goal.
- Stay Positive & Motivated In All Areas of Life. This has been a struggle. I’ve tried to stay positive, but once I fell off the workout wagon toward the end of the month, so did my attitude. Thankfully, my odd painting session seems to have stopped that pity party, negative nancy dead in her tracks. I guess I needed something a little extreme (like wall painting) to snap the hell out of it.
- Rise Earlier In the Mornings. Although I was horribly unsuccessful at this one the entire month, I’m proud that I started off October bright and early !
- Make Extra Money. I think I’ve been most successful with this one the past month. I’ve made a surprising amount of extra cash and have even been contacted about several writing jobs so that’s very cool!
- Stay The Course & Don’t Give Up! As always, I have done my best to stay the course (not so well last month – better this month!) , but of course, I am not giving up. Giving up can suck it.
Goals For October:
- Finish Insanity Workouts All the Way Through.
- Finish the 60 Day Insanity Workout Plan Without Breaks.
- Eat Lots of Greens, Fruits and Other Veggies As Well As Lean Proteins and Whole Grains.
- Save At Least $100 / Month.
- Stay Positive.
- Rise Early (5 AM) In the Mornings & Do Workouts In the AM.
- Wear Pink, Blog Pink, & Donate to the BC Research.
- Stay the Course & Don’t Give Up.
What are your goals for October?
How do you keep yourself motivated?
Have you ever done anything extreme (like crazy me) in order to keep your mind focused?