I began using this foundation by Juice Beauty about 6 months ago.
I needed a foundation that wouldn’t break out my very reactive acne prone skin, but would also provide decent coverage, a nice finish and would offer beneficial ingredients in the formula to improve my skin and heal breakouts while I was wearing it.
Application Instructions from Juice Beauty:
Use over Correcting Concealer and under Refining Finishing Powder. Build coverage as needed by using Juice Beauty’s brush applicator to perfect a flawless complexion.
Product Claims :
This Perfecting Foundation is packed with organic ingredients that will leave your complexion looking refreshed and perfected. The combination of organic aloe juice, fruit extracts and minerals provides a cream to powder finish that will wear all day, while giving you a perfect airbrushed look and feel.
Juice Beauty Foundation Review
My experiences with this foundation have been somewhat mixed. At first, I really loved this foundation, but after using this for a time, I feel like the formula does not provide the coverage I want it to. Perhaps it thins over time? It seemed to work really great at first, but now it provides no more coverage than a light tinted moisturizer. I think even some tinted moisturizers might out perform this when it comes to coverage.
That being said, it is a really nice skin brightener, it does has a cream to powder finish as they state on Juice Beauty’s website, and I don’t think this will irritate skin or clog pores.
I also believe there would be some benefit to using it given it’s organic and natural ingredients within the formula. For me, this is good as a tinted moisturizer and I like the beneficial organic ingredients, but I would prefer something with more coverage.
Who It’s For: I agree with Juice Beauty. I think anyone could wear this.
Juice Beauty’s Color Care Collection is ideal for all skin types to look and feel beautiful.
- Tinted Moisturizer / BB Cream
- Light Coverage Foundation
- Conceal Mild Imperfections
- Skin Brightener
- Organic Aloe Juice – Aloe calms redness, irritation and helps protect skin from free radical damage.
- Brightening Fruit Extracts – Organic Acai and Goji are high in vitamins, especially vitamin C which hence give the foundation a nice glowing finish and offer antioxidant protection. It also helps to brighten imperfections and improve skin condition while you wear it.
- Organic Jojoba Oil – Jojoba oil helps hydrate skin and gives foundation a dewy, but not oily or shiny finish.
- Drying Alcohols
- Mineral Oil
- Artificial Preservatives, Dyes or Fragrances
- Light Cream to Powder Natural Finish
- Light to Medium Coverage
- Certified Organic Gentle Ingredients
- Brightening Fruit Extracts Give Glowing Dewy Look
- Coverage May not Be Enough for Some
- May be Considered Expensive to Some
- Limited Choice of Skin Color Tint Options (Only 3 Available)
My overall thought on this foundation is that it is just okay for me. I really don’t know what happened. Perhaps, there was too much heat which then thinned the formula over time? I am baffled, but anyway. This could work well for a lot of people and I love the organic certification on this product as well as the host of skin benefits that come with the awesome ingredient list. I want so badly to love this foundation, but alas, I don’t think it’s for me! I recommend this to those who don’t have many flaws to cover up or just want something similar to a tinted moisturizer. It’s very light and does brighten the skin a bit if you’re battling dullness. Although it may seem expensive at $35, it LASTS a long time. A little goes a long way and the handy air pump container ensures you don’t waste any or very little of the product.
OVERALL RATING: 7/10
Where to Find: JuiceBeauty.com
Have you used any Juice Beauty products?
What’s your favorite one?
Share your thoughts in the comments!
That’s All for Now!
I’ll Talk to You Soon : ]
Disclaimer: I was NOT given compensation to write this blog post in any way. I purchased this of my own free will. My opinions, thoughts and experiences with this product are my own.