I’m really excited to share the latest makeup collection from the beloved Skincare Makeup brand, Jane Iredale!
They’ve kicked off fall with this beautiful makeup collection and I was incredibly lucky to be able to give these products a try and also create 2 different makeup looks using the products included in the collection (one for day, one for night).
Jane Iredale – The Skincare Makeup – Fall Makeup – City Nights Collection
Products Included in the City Nights Collection:
- Celebrate PurePressed Eyeshadow Trio – A rose gold mirrored compact which looks super luxurious and contains 3 beautiful eye shadows: a satin cream white base shade, a shimmering golden taupe, and a beautiful shimmering burgundy color. They’ve also included a sponge tip applicator, but I used my own makeup brushes ( Real Techniques and EcoTools ). These colors were SO beautiful and perfect for fall! The cream white base color was perfect for my pale skin and works really well to highlight brow bone area and inner corners. The golden taupe was a lovely color for all over the lid. The burgundy color is clearly the standout in this trio, though, and it’s so gorgeous on! It’s shimmering, but not glittery and looks so beautiful on the eyes. I was quite surprised at the result. In fact, it definitely made my hazel eyes stand out a LOT and look a lot more green than usual which I loved!
- Green Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner and Purple Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner – I’ve tried the gel eyeliners from Jane Iredale before ( I also have them in black and brown ), but these are lovely new colors for fall! They’re very pigmented and surprisingly deep colored. I thought they would come out really light as some natural liners tend to, but they’re very pigmented and have great staying power. Also, they don’t crease in the slightest so I was really impressed by that. They lasted hours and hours.
- PureGloss Lip Gloss in Kir Royale – This was such a lovely subtle gloss! It looks really purple berry in the tube, but goes on really sheer with a slight berry tint to it. It’s definitely great for fall, but I think anyone can rock it for a little sheen on the lips. It’s a great gloss to go with the lipstick in this collection as it really complements the color (Katerina) very well.
- PureMoist Lipstick in Katerina – Last, but not least, was the PureMoist Lipstick in Katerina which was a lovely deep berry color. This was super pigmented and went on quite deep in color which is perfect for the fall season. It’s a lovely color for nights out and I think the gloss really gave it a bit more dynamic as well.
The Night Makeup Look:
This is the night makeup look I created with the collection. Believe it or not, I am not using a filter on this photo. I did my makeup in front of my bedroom window as the sun was setting and for some reason, when I went to take the photo, the lighting was just really blue.
See below for another photo of this same look in bathroom lighting just to put it into perspective. Anyhow, you can definitely see how green the colors made my eyes look and I loved that!
The same look in bathroom lighting. I’m not sure why I just couldn’t seem to get good lighting for this so I apologize for that, but hopefully you can still kind of see the effect!
I went into yet another room to try to capture this look better, but another fail sorry! I don’t know why I have such crap lighting in my house and bad luck that the sun was going down and it was SO blue. Meh. Anyhow, I think the look is really pretty despite all those annoying issues with the photos haha and I promise there are no filters on these photos. It’s weird that this is just how they came out.
Eyes closed so you can see what it looks like on my eyeballs haha.
The Daytime Makeup Look:
This is a more day appropriate makeup look using the collection, although I didn’t use the burgundy eye shadow at all in this look as it’s much too dark for day, in my opinion. Also, I used the purple gel eyeliner in the night makeup look and used the green one for the day look. Again, there’s no filter on these despite looking really blue? I’m guessing it’s because we had a lot of cloudy humid weather over the weekend so that might be responsible for the blue hues on all of these.
A look at the eyes closed just so you can see it a bit better.
And here’s the last photo of the look. This is me attempting to smile haha.
Anyhow, I really love the Jane Iredale fall makeup collection. It is seriously beautiful and I’m so happy I got the chance to try it out and give it a huge thumbs up! You guys definitely need to pick up this one for fall, especially if berry colors are your go-to for the autumn and winter seasons.
You can purchase any and all of these lovely items from the City Nights Collection only at Jane Iredale.
Browse Other Jane Iredale Products:
You can also have a look at past Jane Iredale reviews I’ve done here:
- Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals Foundation + Setting Mist
- Jane Iredale Smooth Affair Facial Primer and Brightener
- Jane Iredale Zap and Hide Blemish Concealer
Have You Tried the City Nights Collection?
What’s Your Favorite Jane Iredale Product?
*PR sample provided for review; all opinions and thoughts are, as always, honest and completely my own.