Holiday Skincare Gift Guide 2014
For today’s post, I thought I’d share some products for a unique sort of person: the skincare obsessed. You know him/her: they are consistently obsessed with keeping their skin in tip top shape! They might battle with a skincare condition like sensitive skin or rosacea, they might deal with bouts of annoying acne (like me!), or maybe they’re a little too paranoid about fine lines and wrinkles (also me LOL). Whatever the case, I’ve come up with a list of some super luxury coveted products that I think are PERFECT for that skincare obsessed person in your life, even if that person is you 😛 I’ve tried and tested these so you can rest assured they work and they work GOOD.
- Suti Cleanse Organic Balm ♥ is one of my favorite cleansers! It’s perfect for the fall/winter months, but I’ve also used it at the height of hot summers in California and it works just as well. It’s just a fantastic cleanser, especially if you have dry, sensitive, irritated, imbalanced or overly oily, or normal skin. Anyone dealing with redness will also benefit from this. Basically, everyone can use this cleanser and should. Also, despite the somewhat high price, you get quite a bit and need only a little each cleanse so it should last you a good 3-4 months. This is a great way to treat yourself during Black November 😛 Otherwise, it would make a lovely gift – just add a pretty ribbon! .
- Clarisonic Brush ♥ This would make the most luxury gift for the skincare mavens out there as it’s quite pricey, but totally worth the investment. I don’t use this every day; more like every other day when my skin feels particularly clogged or 2 times a week on a normal week and I definitely feel a big difference. I wouldn’t recommend this for sensitive skin types, but any other type, especially acne prone or dry skin will love this! Also, they have so many different brush heads for different types and a variety of pretty colors, including limited edition designs for the holidays, so you can customize it to your needs. See my review here.
- Pai Echium Eye Cream ♥ This is the best eye cream I’ve ever tried and I’ve tried a LOT! It’s perfect for any skin type and won’t cause acne or milia. It’s great even for the most sensitive types and it helps with the most extreme dryness in the eye area while also making a big difference in the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It would make a lovely gift alongside any of the Pai cleansers or one of the other products in this list! See my review here.
- Antonia Burrell Cream Supreme ♥ This is my most raved about acne treatment cream EVER. It’s the cream that I would say could and would solve all or most of your beauty concerns in one go. It has a patented anti-acne complex for those dealing with breakouts or even just blackheads, it actually has a natural SPF to it due to the ingredients in it so it protects your skin from UV damage alongside a good sunscreen, and it has various other ingredients which fight aging, hyperpigmentation and fine lines. The best part? It actually works! I think this is super expensive for the amount you get, but until I find something better for solving literally every skin issue I have, it’s worth the price to pay. .
- Argentum Apothecary La Potion Infinie ♥ If acne isn’t a pressing issue, but aging and pigmentation are, this cream is for you! The luxury packaging, scent and overall effectiveness of this product make it the ultimate luxury beauty gift, in my opinion. It’s pricey, but the cream goes a long way and will work for both dry and oily skin types as it’s carefully crafted formula absorbs into the skin near instantly and makes a big difference in fine lines, wrinkles and discoloration. On top of that, the scent is so intoxicating you won’t want anything else! The packaging for this, even the box, is so pretty that you could literally just add a ribbon to this one and be done. See my review here.
- May Lindstrom Skincare ♥ These are my favorites from ML: Problem Solver Mask, The Good Stuff Radiance Oil, Youth Dew Serum and Blue Cocoon Beauty Balm ♥ All of her products are lovely, if I’m honest! The Problem Solver face mask is incredible for acne prone skin types; it’s a 10-30 minute mask that requires mixing with water, but if you do the work, the results when you wash this off are near instant. Your skin will look clearer, feel softer, and the mask smells like chocolate mmm… The Good Stuff Radiance Oil is ideal for face, body, hair and nails. It has golden mica pigments in it, smells like sexy chocolate musk, and includes potent plant oils to heal and nourish you. I love using it straight out of the shower and on the ends of my hair for a soft, natural glow. Youth Dew Serum is that serum for acne prone and sensitive skin types who fear oils! This one smells lovely, is light and absorbs quickly, and will not make you break out. Last, but not least, this gorgeous Blue Cocoon Beauty Balm smells delightful and is specifically formulated to heal, nourish and calm irritated skin. Whether you’re dealing with redness, fine lines, breakouts, or all of the above, this is a great skin treatment for nighttime. Any and all of these are wonderful as gifts, but if you can spring and get that special someone The Complete May Lindstrom Experience Gift Set (even if that is you! :P), then it’s definitely worth the investment. All of these products are absolutely incredible, naturally handmade with potent ingredients from nature, and crafted and packaged in the most beautiful violet glass. The collection set is gorgeously wrapped in a chic navy box. No wrapping required! See my reviews here.
Also really quickly, I wanted to mention that you can get any of these (of the ones carried at Beautyhabit) for 20% off their regular price until this Sunday at midnight.