Herbivore Botanicals Skincare Review
I was super psyched when Herbivore Botanicals said they would send me some products for review as they’re a beauty brand I first discovered on Etsy years ago and promptly forgot until recently. I’ve been trying them out since the holidays and I’m really loving the brand. Their product packaging, formulations, and general beauty philosophy are really impressive and green and the products themselves are effective without using harsh ingredients. I also love that they are based out of the USA so by purchasing from them, you’ll be supporting local small business and the American economy. Read on to hear more about their lovely brand and my experiences with their products!
About Herbivore Botanicals
Founded by Julia Wills and Alexander Kummerow, Herbivore Botanicals is an all natural 100% plant based skincare company which formulates all of it’s products in small, handcrafted batches out of Seattle, Washington, USA. They don’t use any fillers, only natural, safe 100% vegan ingredients from nature. Their ingredients range from charcoal to Brazilian gemstones and they believe in offering simple, yet luxurious formulas which offer you the best results possible without any toxic ingredients.
- 100% natural, non toxic and safe
- No artificial colors, no artificial fragrances, no animal products, no parabens, no SLS, no unnatural preservatives are used in any of the products
- 100% Vegan and cruelty free
- All products are made in small batches and handcrafted in the Belltown neighborhood of Seattle, Washington, USA
- Recyclable and reusable packaging (always glass, never plastic)
- Their ingredients include plant based food grade cold pressed oils,steam distilled therapeutic grade essential oils, GMO-free soy wax, and various certified organic ingredients.
Trying Out Their Products
- Rose Lip Butter – I initially thought I wouldn’t like this lip butter because I like rose in small doses and it doesn’t seem like it would be good in a lip product, but I was seriously wrong! I actually really like this one! The scent of rose is quite subtle and it’s really a very hydrating lip butter. I’ve been using it every single night before bed and it’s definitely help keep my lips soft and hydrated.
- Brighten Face Mask – This mask comes in a powder form which you mix with water to form a paste and then apply to your skin. Leave on until it dries and then rinse with warm water. The mask utilizes tourmaline gemstone and white clay to detox, improve skin radiance, and soften skin’s texture while neroli and rose geranium lend it a beautiful scent and help soothe and calm skin. I love how gentle this was! Despite being a brightening mask, it’s super calming and does help increase the radiance by softly exfoliating and detoxing skin. I really like the subtle herbal scent to this mask and it goes on very easily in a thin layer so it’s not very messy at all.
- Jasmine Body Oil – This oil smells delicious! It’s very much scented by jasmine as it uses 2 different varieties: Jasmine Sambac and Egyptian Jasmine as well as various plant oils. The oil is very thick, though not too oily or heavy. I love the scent of it; it smells so pretty and feminine and you only need a small amount to cover your entire body. I’ve been using this straight out of the shower with a body lotion for added hydration and it really makes my skin feel super soft.
- Bamboo Charcoal Detox Soap – This smells very pleasant and fresh. It seems citrus-y in a way and I really like that in a soap. I used this when my skin felt super oily and it worked wonders to really detox my skin without using a mask. I used this on my body a few times, but I have drier body skin so I preferred the pink clay soap to this one. My boyfriend, on the other hand, seriously loved this soap and actually hi-jacked it from me midway through my trial of these products LOL! He’s still using this one as the soap bar seems to last ages and ages.
- Pink Clay Brightening Soap – Last, but not least, is this pink clay soap which helps to draw out toxins without drying your skin. It’s formulated for more dry and sensitive skin types and I can definitely see why; the smell includes geranium and delicious blood orange so it smells very refreshing in the morning and seems to brighten skin, but it also really helps to soften skin whereas the charcoal one makes you feel really almost squeaky clean.
What I Love
I really loved all of the products that I tried out. I was extra impressed that my boyfriend ended up liking the bamboo charcoal soap so much that he basically stole it from me LOL. That normally never happens so if that’s not a testament to the awesomeness of their products, then I don’t know what is! I love that they utilize natural ingredients that are all vegan and plant-based, but still based in results. I’m still not convinced that using gemstones in skincare means much of anything, but it sounds really cool and fancy! Aside from the actual products, I love the clean, chic style of their eco-conscious packaging. It feels green, but also very luxurious, in a way, and that’s definitely something I look for in a natural beauty brand.
You can learn more and purchase these products from Herbivore Botanicals.
Have You Tried Herbivore Botanicals?
What Do You Look for In A Natural Beauty Brand?
Come Chat With Me!
*Affiliate Banner; Products provided for review by Herbivore Botanicals. No matter how I receive products, all reviews are 100% honest and always based on my own opinions and personal experience with the products.