Happy Fitspo & Inspiration Wednesday!
Today’s post is themed around faith. It’s a simple enough word, but it’s a difficult concept to grasp and really practice in your own life. I’ve been doing really well with my workout schedule lately and I’m really proud! It’s been a good 1.5 mile run 5-6 days a week + either the Bar Method or Yoga afterwards. If you’d like reviews on the DVDs I do at home, let me know in the comments!
Anyhow, back to faith. I think it’s a really important aspect of weight loss that is often the difference between small results and big ones. Not to say that you can’t achieve a certain success without it, but I do feel like faith and positivity have certainly helped me in my goals.
Think About It.
When you’re more positive and have faith in yourself, in your goals, in your success, you’re more likely to stick to workout plans, eat clean, smile more, and give yourself credit for your successes, even the small ones.
When you’re in a negative mindset, you can feel down, unmotivated, and unwilling to try new things in any area, let alone fitness.
So, today’s theme is having a little faith and positivity in your goals, whatever they may be for you!
Before ending today’s post, I also wanted to do something special with you guys.
Lately, a surprising thing has been happening to me. I no longer think about a finite number for my ideal weight; I’m content to see where I am happy when I get there as I go. In other words, when I arrive at my goal weight, my body will look fit and feel good and not be defined by a number. Also, I’ve begun to set other fitness goals that have nothing to do with abs or thigh gaps, but instead, are goals for new fitness activities I want to do!
So, with that, Here Are 5 New Types of Fitness I’d Like to Try:
- Rock Climbing – I’m actually terrified of heights, but it’s something I’d really like to do anyway!
- Archery – Seriously, ever since I saw Avatar, I’ve been obsessed with Avatar and watching Hunger Games only made that desire more intense!
- Tennis - There was once an entire summer in which I was obsessed with watching the film, Wimbledon, and my desire to be good at tennis has never lessened since then haha.
- Aqua Cycling - Although they don’t yet offer it near me, it’s still definitely on my list of things to try as I love water sports! You can see the original post I did on aqua cycling – here.
- Gymnastics / Trapeze – I know it sounds ridiculous, but when I was younger, I used to watch this show on Disney about kids who worked in the circus or went to circus camp or something. Anyway, the point is they learned how to do trapeze and walk tight ropes and be awesome and I just remember I really wanted to do that!
That’s All for This Week’s Fitspo & Inspiration!
How Do You Stay Positive While Working Toward Your Goals?
What Are Some New Fitness Activities That You’d Like to Try?