Happy World Ocean’s Day ♥
What up, lovelies? 😛 I am running out of ways to greet you guys, but that’s not the point of today’s post because today is World Ocean’s Day!
So, What’s World Ocean’s Day, Anyway?
If you’re not famiiliar, World Ocean’s Day is a global day of ocean celebration and working together for a better future, specifically to help conserve and preserve our oceans and marine life. This year’s theme is “Healthy Oceans, Healthy Planet” and TONS of people across the globe are taking part in this initiative to help reduce and prevent more plastic from going into our oceans. So, in honor of today, I wanted to share some of my top tropical and ocean themed picks with you guys that are all earth conscious products which you can purchase safely without worrying about doing damage to our planet.
Eco Brands to Support on World Ocean’s Day:
Many of these brands help conserve our planet in more ways than one. S’well Bottle helps conserve our national forests AND reduces plastic consumption for every person who uses a S’well bottle instead of a plastic one. OSEA Skincare uses all natural and eco-conscious plant ingredients and they are donating 20% of all online orders for the next 48 hours to Project Mission Blue – an organization dedicated to protecting “hope spots” in the ocean AKA places in the ocean that are VITAL to the ocean’s overall health and the well being of our planet. You can learn more about Project Mission Blue HERE.
The other products and brands mentioned here also do great things by packaging products in glass, using eco-conscious and sustainable ingredients as well as biodegradable materials, and donating to good causes that will be kinder to the planet and build a better future.
- Treat Collection Nail Polish in Outdoors // This is the PERFECT turquoise nail color for summer, guys! I love Treat Collection nail polishes (I recently wrote about my favorite spring nail trends here using Treat polishes). They make some gorgeous colors with lovely pigmented polishes that have high shine and last a long time, especially if you use a base and top coat. They’re also 5 Free and made with eco-compatible ingredients.
- One Love Organics Heart Konjac Sponge // I’ve talked MANY times about why I love konjac sponges so much, but the short story of it is that they’re 100% biodegradable sponges you can use for a number of uses including gentle cleansing for face and body, gentle exfoliation, and they degrade within 3 months so you never have to feel guilty about throwing out any packaging or reusing it because there isn’t any!
- MAHALO Balm // I am OBSESSED with products for a number of reasons, but my favorite product for summer is definitely the Mahalo Balm because it includes skin-protective ingredients that help clear acne, heal pigmentation and scarring, and give a potent dose of antioxidants to the skin. The balm is packaged in an eco chic bamboo and glass jar making it 100% sustainable.
- S’well Bottle in Santorini // S’well water bottles are so amazing. They work really well, keeping water hot for 12 hours and cold (ice included) for 24. Their bottle designs are super stylish, sustainable, AND come in a variety of sizes for any number of uses. They could also double as a soup thermos and have a large enough opening at the top to fit ice cubes. On top of that, they help support bringing clean water to developing countries, reduce the amount of plastic waste in the world, AND help support conservation of our US forests.
- One Love Organics Vitamin C Body Polish // I am obsessed with this body polish come summer. The scent is pure tropical paradise while the sugar scrub includes skin-brightening plant ingredients and hydrating sunflower oil and shea to gently exfoliate and then hydrate. It’s one of the most effective body scrubs I’ve tried and it smells just like summertime.
- Panda Bamboo Sunglasses: Jackson // A new discovery are these gorgeous eco-friendly bamboo sunglasses from Panda Eyewear! The blue tint makes them perfect for summer, super stylish, AND they take extra care to be kind to our environment. #LOVE
- Karen Murrell Lipstick in Cordovan Natural // Karen Murrell are my favorite lipsticks for many reasons. They have a wonderful color selection, wonderful ingredients that are plant-based, fair trade, sustainable, and traceable, AND the entire lipstick from color to tube is 100% biodegradable within 100 days. The tube packaging is made from a resin material so it’s all kind to our planet. YAY!
- Rainwater Botanicals Natural Zinc Sunscreen in Vanilla Coconut // I’ve mentioned a million and one times how much I love Rainwater Botanicals and I’ll say it a million more. Their products are wonderful, SUPER affordable, and totally clean and green. If you want to green your beauty collection, but want to save money, this is the brand for you! This sunscreen is 100% natural zinc based and smells like subtle tropical coconut with hints of vanilla. I love it so much and it’s super effective come summer time.
- Lite + Cycle Eco Candle in Bergamot // I just got these candles from Petal and Post and I am so in love! Bergamot and Vetiver smell AMAZING and I love that they’re 100% natural and clean-burning, made with biodegradable materials, and use high quality essential oils for strong scents without toxins.
- Panda Bamboo Watch in Cork + Natural // Eco watches are definitely something I tend to gravitate towards, but this one from Panda Eyewear is taking things to the next level! Their 100% bamboo and cork watch using all natural materials, including the face plate and has a super chic, bare look to it that minimalists will love for sure.
- True Botanicals Pacific Mist // True Botanicals quickly became one of my favorite green beauty brands because they use super chic eco-friendly glass containers for all of their products, they never use water or other fillers, and many of their products include potent marine extracts and other ingredients from our beloved ocean. They’re also 100% organic, sustainable, and high quality and many products have clinical trials and results to back up their effectiveness! Their Pacific Mist is my favorite product, but they also have brilliant face serums, oils, masks, and cleansers!
- OSEA Cleansing Mud // OSEA Skincare is a relatively new discovery. I talked about my experience with them over on instagram where I shared that many of their products are extremely purifying. I love how it feels (though avoid the eyes -it stings!), but it’s a bit too drying for my skin. That said, I really love the cleansing mud, the Sea Minerals Mist, and their Blemish Balm. If you deal with acne prone skin and frequent breakouts, especially if you have oily skin, definitely try this one!
You can also check out my eco picks for Earth Day which are equally lovely and kind to our environment.
Other Ways to Conserve on World Ocean’s Day & Beyond:
- Reduce the amount of plastic you use and other toxic materials that inevitably ends up in landfills and oceans (often harming marine life).
- Living more consciously by using reusable water bottles instead of buying plastic ones, using paper or fabric totes to package and carry your groceries, purchasing personal care and green beauty products that use glass and other sustainable containers, using real silverware and reusable straws, All of these small things will help reduce your overall waste.
- Use refillable containers to avoid using a ridiculous amount of bottles, containers, etc.
- Buy a fountain pen instead of using cheap plastic ones!
- Pick up trash on the beach
- Donate or volunteer to help a marine conservation organization or project such as Project Mission Blue, 5 Gyres, Blue Ocean Institute, Coral Reef Alliance, Oceana, The Black Fish, Reef Relief, Wild Oceans and Shark Savers.