Just for fun, I thought I’d do this Halloween tag which I found over on Beauty&Bliss 🙂 so I hope you enjoy and definitely do the tag either on your own blog or in the comments – I’d love to read your answers!
The Halloween Tag!
1. What is your favorite Halloween movie? This one is so difficult as I’m a big movie person, but my original favorite since I was like 5 is Nightmare Before Christmas. Now, it’s kind of a tradition for me to watch all the Harry Potter films, especially Prisoner of Azkaban which feels particularly spooky. I love and enjoy anything and everything Halloween, to be honest.
2. What was your favorite costume? As a kid, it was definitely a witch. I probably went as a witch for like 5 years straight from 7-12 years old. I’m not sure if I was just addicted to the fact that I already owned the costume or the convenience of it. Or maybe my parents refused to buy me a new costume; I can’t remember. I just remember wearing the same costume for literally like 3-5 years.
3. Do you like haunted houses? Yes! I love them! I’m always really scared, but I do enjoy it. It’s just good fun, I think. I always really enjoy seeing the cool things people come up with in haunted houses as well.
4. What is your favorite candy? Smarties.
5. Do you decorate for Halloween? Yes! Mostly I just have a small pumpkin and decorate mason jars in colors then light some candles in them so they make my kitchen look pretty. When I was younger, my sister and I would go all out, though, with pumpkins, spider webs and even occasionally attempted to do our own haunted houses which were always horrible haha.
6. Do you still dress up for Halloween? If so, what will you be this year? Occasionally. I really enjoy dressing up, but as I get older, I don’t want to do it unless I’ve got someplace to go like a party. Otherwise, there’s no point, especially when the past few years the holiday has fallen on a weekday when I work. I do find it to be a lot of fun to dress up and I definitely go all out. If I dress up this year, it’ll be some kind of skeleton version of something. I’ve been on a kick of “dead-ifying” costumes since I was about 15 or so. For instance, when I was 17, I was “Dead Girls Don’t Cry” which is a song by Nekromantix.. I went in black jeans, a ripped white t-shirt, and dead girl makeup. So fun!
7. What is one Halloween candy you can’t stand? 3 Musketeers. So not good! I don’t know why I don’t like it, but I just don’t. I would always give them away.
8. What is your best Halloween memory? Dressing up as Baby Spice from the Spice Girls when I was like 10. I looked horrendous because my hair is near black when it’s never been colored (which at that point, it hadn’t been ever) and we used this horrible cheap colored hair spray to get my hair “blonde” for the night, but it just looked like I had a skunk hair color. It was so bad. The only cool part was my friend’s grandmother made my costume for me, but the rest was a total train wreck. I kind of look back on it and laugh…and then cry .. no I’m JK haha.
9. What song comes to mind when you think of Halloween? “This Is Halloween” from Nightmare Before Christmas. Or any of the songs from that film, actually. And “I Put A Spell On You” from Hocus Pocus. And all month, “Monster Mash” sort of plays in my head every so often haha.
10. What is your favorite part of Halloween? The costumes and the makeup people come up with!
11. Would you rather trick or treat? I would love to be some kind of monster in a haunted house or event.
12. Candy corn: take it or leave it? Leave it. I’m just not a fan. It tastes like sweet wax to me. Ew.
13. If a black cat crosses your path, what do you do? Try to pet it? Lol…
14. Do you carve/decorate pumpkins? Yes! Not so much anymore, usually I just buy a pumpkin and maybe I’ll paint it and bake pumpkin seeds, but yes 🙂
15. How old were you when you first stopped trick or treating? I think I haven’t gone since I was about 17. That was probably the last time I went out and did the whole trick or treating thing. Even at 17, we really just walked around the neighborhood, got candy and hung out. It wasn’t so focused on trick or treating at that point.
Let me know in the comments if you’ve done the tag and link up or else give me your answers in the comments! I’d love to read your answers 🙂