SPONSORED: This post was happily sponsored by Petal and Post. Special thanks for making my blog a prettier place with unique, natural, and green products!
The Best Sun Cream for Oily and Acne Prone Skin
As part of my partnership with Petal and Post, I was kindly offered up a few products for review and this wonderful sun cream was among the treasured goods. If you have oily, combination or acne prone skin, this sun cream is the perfect solution for your skin! While I’m obsessive about sunscreen, I often have trouble finding the perfect sunscreen for my face because many general sunscreens tend to break me out. Either they’re too hydrating and heavy and leave a pore-clogging film on my skin or they’re annoying to apply and leave my skin sticky, oily or even dry. It’s really frustrating when you’re trying to protect your skin from sun damage and this happens, but I finally think I’ve discovered a wonderful solution with this awesome sun complex cream from Graydon Clinical Luxury so read on!
The Gradyon Clinical Luxury Story
Graydon Clinical Luxury Skincare is a very unique brand backed by years of research and love. Graydon, the brains behind the operation and inspiration for the brand name, works passionately to source the most naturally effective plant based ingredients for her products. She chooses to use only ingredients that have a meaning and a purpose in her product formulas, forgoing nut based ingredients for berry and broccoli seed oils (to help accommodate those with nut allergies though their manufacturing process is not done in a nut-free facility) as well as a host of other plant based ingredients that you’ll be able to pronounce without trouble. Utilizing Canadian grown natural and organic ingredients, Graydon seeks to bring you natural, non-toxic products that are as effective as they are luxurious.
Elements Sun Complex Cream Review
Really, what’s not to love about this sun cream? For one, it’s one of the most gentle, light and effective sun creams I’ve ever used. It has a pleasant, barely-there scent which is a by-product of the natural plant oils and tea in the formula. Other than that, there’s no discernible scent. In fact, you might not even notice it and I doubt it would be irritating to any skin type. It’s such a soothing cream and it’s super easy to blend onto skin. There’s not even a hint of white cast like there is with most natural sunscreen. The formula is rich in potent plant oils like cherry, pumpkin, and buriti oils which all work to protect your skin from sun damage while also offering up skin hydration, nourishment, and powerful anti-aging effects.
Ingredients: Purified water (aqua), non nano zinc oxide (zinc oxide), (vegetable wax: caprylic/capric triglyceride, glyceryl stearate, coco-caprylate/caprate, dicaprylyl ether, sodium olivoyl glutamate, cetearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol), shea butter (butyrospernum parkii), cocoa butter (theobroma cacao), aloe vera (aloe barbadensis), cherry kernel oil (prunus avium), rice bran oil (oryza sativa), pumpkin seed oil (cucurbita maxima), buriti oil (mauritia flexuosa), raspberry seed oil (rubus idaeus), seabuckthorn oil (hippophae rhamnoides), spirulina (spirulina maxima), green tea (camellia sinensis), rosemary co2 extract (rosmarinus officinalis l), (food grade preservative: sodium benzoate) and nothing else!
Things to Love About Elements Sun Complex Cream ♥
- Every ingredient has a meaning; Graydon Clinical Luxury utilizes no toxic ingredients or fillers so every ingredient has a purpose for your skin.
- Airtight pump bottle packaging means your products last longer because they oxidize much more slowly than products open to air. On top of that, no amount of product is wasted as just the right amount is easily dispersed with through the pump and allows you to use every last drop so no product is wasted.
- This sun cream is PERFECT for oily, combination and acne prone skin types who might have trouble finding a sun cream that’s balancing, calming, and light. This cream is so light, yet highly nourishing to skin which makes it the perfect choice for those who want an almost matte finish.
- Contains 12% non nano zinc oxide for UVA and some UVB protection – Plant carrier oils with natural SPF levels have also been added for extra sun protection.
- Various plant ingredients high in antioxidants such as spirulina, aloe, green tea, and various potent plant oils offers natural protection from free radicals and helps protect against premature aging while also healing, nourishing, softening, hydrating, and soothing your skin.
- This sun cream is unscented making it perfect for even more sensitive skin types!
Overall, this is one of the best sun creams I’ve tried. As far as sun creams go, this is definitely my favorite for oily skin days. While I love natural sunscreens, they can tend to be on the oilier side of things and sometimes that’s a bit much for my skin. This sun cream is wonderfully light, blends into my skin with very little effort, and has a lovely natural formula that’s gentle enough for sensitive and easily irritated skin types. I’m so impressed with Graydon Clinical Luxury, as a brand, given this is my first experience with their products. I’ve been carrying this one around with me ever since I got it in the mail and will definitely keep using it all through summer.
You can find this wonderful sun cream at Petal and Post ♥