Grateful November Challenge!
Happy November to you! I’m starting this month off by kicking off a fun Grateful November challenge between myself and 2 other lovely bloggers – Lucy Valdez and Alexandrea Cheff – where we share lovely aspects of gratitude and good causes each month in November!
We decided to team up to share some fun posts with you guys each week showcasing our gratitude! This first post will highlight what you can look forward to from me and 10 things I’m truly grateful for in November.
Grateful November Challenge Posts:
- 10 Things I’m Thankful For in November (shown below!)
- Beauty Brands that Give Back (Nov. 8) – This post will highlight my favorite natural beauty brands that do real good in the world by donating to great charities and organizations which help make the world a better place.
- America Recycles Day! (Nov. 15) – In this post, I will be celebrating this awesome green holiday by offering up simple ways to recycle, live a more biodegradable life, and lower your carbon footprint.
- Apple Tart Recipe (Nov. 22) – What would Thanksgiving month be without a little apple and/or pumpkin baked goods, am I right? I’ve been dying to make an apple tart so I’ll be sharing my experience with you guys!
- Small Business Saturday (Nov. 26) – Small business Saturday helps support small business and usually features some amazing sales. I will be sharing some of my favorite shops and brands I think you’ll love.
10 Things I’m Thankful For in November
- My life. It occurs to me that I’m alive and should be grateful for this fact. I get to breathe this air, experience this reality, and participate in the wheel. I’m happy about that 🙂
- My health. I realize that many people suffer from debilitating illnesses, lifelong conditions, and struggle with their health. I am beyond grateful that I’m able to get up and walk around, to run, and to do all the things I’d like to do.
- My prosperity. Growing up and living in America has allotted me many privileges in life. I was able to have food on the table, to go to school, to have clothes on my back, and to experience many different things. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have all of those things and I don’t want to become entitled and forget that fact.
- My family. As messed up as my family is, I am grateful for them. For the good, I’m happy we can relate and love each other and connect in unique ways. For the bad, I’m grateful to have an example of what not to do and what I don’t want to be. It’s helped shape who I am in a big way.
- My boyfriend. My boyfriend, A, has definitely helped shape who I am. We’ve been dating since I was 20 (7 years) and I’ve learned so much from him! Patience, compassion, resilience, curiosity, and so much more. I’m grateful to have him in my life every single day.
- My friends. My friends are few, but I’m beyond grateful to have them around. We listen to each other’s struggles, lend a shoulder at times, and laugh so much. Some of us even create together which has been so cool.
- My dog. My dog, Yoshi, is one of the best friends to have. He’s always there to cheer me up if I am frustrated, had a bad day, or am super tired. He always reminds me to live in the present, to laugh stupid situations off, and to be happy I’m alive.
- My education. As a woman, I am not taking for granted the fact that I’ve been able to both finish high school and go to college. Some women aren’t even allowed to go past grade school. We should really work on changing that! Nonetheless, I’m so grateful to have had those educational experiences and to go to school.
- My blog. Of course I’m grateful for this blog and all of my readers! You guys have enriched my life. You’ve made my days better. I’ve had days where this blog felt like it was saving me from myself. I won’t forget that.
- Myself. And finally, I’m grateful for myself. I know that sounds vain, but I want to be someone who can love and appreciate myself and all that I am capable of. We are all unique beings with a plethora of talents and qualities. We should take a moment to appreciate how special and wonderful that is 🙂
Be sure to check out Lucy and Alexandrea’s posts as well and see what exciting stuff they have in store for you as well!
What Are You Grateful For this Grateful November?
Come Chat With Me!