Gifts to Buy for Anglophiles AKA Your British-Obsessed Friend
So, I have this friend. Let’s call her Rachel, for argument’s sake…because her name is Rachel haha. Anyway, Rachel is obsessed with all things British and she’s alerted me that the term for this is “Anglophile.” She’s obsessed with British celebs, TV shows, films, fashion, music, and just anything generally agreed upon as being British. I think she’s taken things to the extreme, but I also enjoy some British shows and music and fashion too so I thought it would be fun to share some gift ideas for this particular kind of person just in case you have a British-obsessed friend who needs gifting this holiday season and are stumped. 😛
Peaky Blinders on Blu Ray / The Gangs of Birmingham / Dr. Who Spinning Tardis Watch / Dr. Who Collector Series Watch / Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Necklace / Brixton Brood Snap Cap / Downtown Abbey Season 1 / This Is England LE Steelbook / Misfits Series 1 / Downtown Abbey Bell Ornament / This Is England Soundtrack
Different Categories + Gift Ideas for Your British-Obsessed Friend:
- British TV Shows – If they love Brit TV, then you’ll have to find out what their favorite one is or maybe you can put them onto a new one! Popular British TV shows include Dr. Who, Sherlock, E4 Misfits (learn more about my love for this show here!), Peaky Blinders, and Downtown Abbey.
- British Film – British film is a unique aspect of Brit culture, in my opinion, and there are a ton of great films. My favorites include children’s film, Mirrormask, Green Street Hooligans, Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels, and loads more than I can say here. Just google British film and so many will come up to choose from!
- British Literature – Another good option for those who are fascinated with British culture is to buy them either British history books (if that strikes their fancy) or even British fiction books like Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, etc.
- British Fashion – There are tons of ways to describe British fashion and so many different facets to go off of depending on what you like so I won’t harp on about it too much except to say that if you’re looking for a gift for a guy : Ben Sherman. For ladies, try ASOS for tons of British fashion brands, Cath Kidston for accessories, or New Look for bargain British fashion.
- British Music – There are too many British music artists to mention, but google it by genre; there are tons!
- British Food – You can always bake them a traditional British dish or pastry like Beef Wellington or something, otherwise you can also purchase some Brit sweets from the internet!