Fresh Soy Face Cleanser Review
I just LOVE a face wash that does what it claims to do! Not only is this Fresh Soy Face Cleanser great for every day use, but it also has a host of beneficial skin care ingredients including soy proteins, a rose and cornflower water base and the cooling effects of cucumber extract.
Better yet, it smells just like cucumbers which I am in love with because, well, I love cucumbers – in salads, pickle form, alone with salt, whatever.
Anyhow, enough rambling and on with the review!
Product Claims :
“…an extra-gentle, multitasking gel formula that instantly whisks away everyday impurities and makeup—even mascara—without stripping the skin of essential moisture… soap-free, fragrance free formula…”
My experiences with these claims is that they are, for the most part, actually true. This cleanser is SUPER gentle. I really love the consistency, the fact that a little bit goes a LONG way (the small $15 bottle lasts MONTHS!) , and the deliciously FRESH (Ha! Okay, I’m lame, I know!) Cucumber scent.
It really does help to remove makeup, though I am not sure how it would do against waterproof mascara as I don’t really use waterproof much, but for daily makeup, it works great. One thing I really adore about this cleanser is the fact that it cleans my face without making me look dried out afterwards. I never feel like I need to run to my moisturizer directly after using this like I do with a LOT of cleansers. It actually leaves me looking pretty dewy and soft, which is next to a miracle considering I have such hard to please combination breakout-prone skin!
Who It’s For:
Honestly, anyone. I really think anyone can use this cleanser. I have used it several times and it never disappoints. I have pretty annoyingly sensitive combination skin that is prone to breakouts and, not only does this NOT break me out, but it also makes my skin look glowing and clean without looking tight or dry.
- Makeup Removal
- Gentle Cleansing if you have irritation/redness or breakouts
- Somewhat hydrating cleanser for those with dry skin, though you may need something more if you have severe dryness
- Dewy, glowing skin cleanser
- Great Daily Cleanser
- Brush Cleaner – yeah I tried this once because I was curious. It works quite well!
- Soy Proteins – Promote firmness, improved elasticity, and optimum moisture in the skin
- Rose Water – Calming, Balancing & Toning
- Cucumber Extract – Soothes the skin (and smells divine!)
- Borage Seed Oil – Skin Nourishing
- Very Gentle
- For All Skin Types, including Sensitive & Acne Prone
- Multi-Use Cleanser – makeup remover, cleanser, brush cleaner, etc.
- Smells Delicious
- Includes some very lovely and beneficial natural ingredients
- Packaging is a squeeze tube so use and application is precise; very little waste and little to no contamination during use.
Formula includes parabens (suspected carcinogens, though controversial)
- Price of product may be considered expensive to some
Although this product may be considered expensive for some ($15 for 50mL and $38 for 150mL), I really think it’s worth the money. It works great as a cleanser, makeup remover, and brush cleaner and a little bit goes a long way. A small $15 tube lasts me about 4-6 months, depending on how frequently I use it.
It cleanses very gently, smells great, includes some highly beneficial natural ingredients such as rose water, soy proteins and cucumber extract, and it cleans without drying out my skin. Although the formulation includes less than desirable parabens, the majority of the formulation includes a host of awesome ingredients and it is actually a cleanser that seems to live up to its claims.
I’d definitely recommend this cleanser to anyone and everyone I know. While it’s true that it can be expensive, I mostly purchase the $15 small tube as it lasts me quite a long time, though the larger $38 tube may be more bang for your buck.
Where to Find:
You can purchase the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser at Sephora.
OVERALL RATING: 10/10
That’s All for Now!
I’ll Talk to You Soon : ]
Disclaimer: I was NOT given compensation to write this blog post in any way. I purchased this of my own free will. My opinions, thoughts and experiences with this product are my own. Affiliate links in post.