Fall Fashion Trends 2015
I have somewhat of a love/hate relationship with fashion trends. People always act like fashion trends are so unique and “cool,” but really nothing is new. Things are reinvented, sure, but everything has already been done before. On top of that, I sometimes wonder if fashion designers deliberately put ridiculous shit out there just to see if it sticks. There are some trends I literally cannot wrap my head around. That said, there are some trends I really love making my own and this year that’s particularly true for a lot of the styles that have come out of the recent shows for fall fashion collections. Here are a bunch of trends I’m really excited about for fall and a few I’m really hating.
Fall Fashion Trends I’m Excited About ♥
- Black Boots – Who doesn’t love boots, am I right? Boots are the ultimate functional and fashionable shoe. They always look amazing with everything AND they keep your feet worn. #winning
- Gloves – I don’t always love to wear gloves since I live in California where the weather is much like a moody schoolgirl, but they are amazing whenever a really cold day strikes. My hands tend to get really cold during winter so gloves are brilliant. Now if I can just get hold of a pair of pretty gloves that are touch sensitive…
- All Grey, All Black, & Winter Cream – Are these not the staples of any fall wardrobe? All shades of white, black and grey are pretty standard, in my opinion, but I love monochrome so I’ll take it!
- Mini Skirts – As someone who dreams of having gazelle legs, mini skirts are a bit of wonder drug. They make my legs look longer, go great with tights, and basically are amazing. Nothing against the midi, but mini is just better.
- High Waist Everything – I love the high waist trend for certain things like slim pants, skinny jeans, and skirts. Shorts – not so much – unless they are of the sailor variety. That said, I love early to mid 1900’s fashion and much of that consisted of high waist pencil skirts which are amazing.
- One Shoulder – I love interesting sleeves and by that, I mean I love asymmetrical ones. You know, one sleeve is long while the other is a sleeveless tank. One sleeve has a diagonal funky sleeveless cut and that’s it. Those always look so fancy without trying.
- Plaid – Plaid is amazing and, in my opinion, should always be in for fall. Who doesn’t love plaid? Plaid has the magical power to make any outfit feel a little bit edgier without going overboard and I love that.
- Tights – As I get older, I really hold onto my love of tights. I love the lacy floral ones, fishnet ones, and even sheer mesh. How can you not? At the moment, I’m really loving tights + distressed jeans look.
- 19th Century Modernized – Again, as a lover of period clothing, I am A-okay with this one! High Victorian neck tanks, crop tops, and lace dresses are always an awesome choice.
- Neons – Neons for fall? Positively edgy. Well, maybe not, but who doesn’t love neon? Brights make me feel happy inside and now that this is in, I have a good excuse to wear neon orange in October. Not that I need one, but whatev…
- Chunky Knits – Chunky knits – talk about innovative! Just kidding. But seriously, it’s cold outside. Knits are amazing when the chill hits. Which in Cali is next to never, but we can pretend!
- Faux Nose Rings – I love how fashion designers try to pretend like they invented something with these faux nose rings. In reality, women in India have been rocking real and faux nose rings since, you know, the dawn of time. And they’ve been awesome since then so I’m glad people are catching on! I used to have my nose pierced for realsies so I’m excited I can now rock the faux nose cuffs because getting it pierced again is on my TDL.
- Pockets – POCKETS! YES. If you don’t love pockets, you’re basically a criminal. Just saying.
- Glitter & Lace – And, last but not least, are glitter and lace, not necessarily together, unless you want to do that then cool. Glitter is amazing and I’m all about glitter and sequins when December hits so woot! Lace is a year-round obsession for me. I love anything with lace accents or edges.
Fall Fashion Trends I’m Loathing
- 70’s Vibe – I cannot get behind a trend that reminds me of my mother’s closet. #sorrynotsorry
- Fake Nerd Glasses – As someone who legitimately wears glasses, I find this trend somewhat offensive. Only kidding, but seriously, wearing glasses is such a hassle and I hate that people act like it’s cool. Freaking hipsters are ruining the world one indie fashion trend at a time. I’m sure I’m part of the problem.
- Ugly Flare Jeans – Just no. This reminds me of being 10 years old and wearing a pair of bell bottoms with a patch on it that said Groovy in rainbow text on the side. Let’s not go back to those day, mmkay?
- Fur Anything – I just don’t like the idea of wearing faux or non-faux fur. Killing animals for sport or fashion isn’t cool and besides, it’s not hot enough for that crap here in California so no.
- Ugly Shoes – WHY?! I had a whole phase filled with ugly platform shoes back in my beloved Spice Girl days. It was embarrassing then and it’s embarrassing now. Except the platform sneakers – those can stay!
- Ugly Costume Jewelry – I just can’t get into gaudy, bulky looking plastic jewelry. It reminds me of my great aunt who every time I visit says I look like I’m from Hollywood. I am not from Hollywood people and I’m sure I don’t look like it.
- Chokers – Because stretchy plastic woven chokers belong in the 90’s.
Shop Fall Trends:
What Fashion Trends Are You Excited for?
Which Ones Do You Hate?
Come Chat With Me!
*Affiliate links in post; Not all links are affiliate.
This post was featured on Southern Beauty Guide link up ♥