If you’ve been following this blog for any span of time, you might know about my slight (read:I use that term loosely) obsession with fairy tales. After all, my love of fairy tales even inspired my blog name. Awhile back, I did a series all about fairy tale beauty where I shared different beauty picks I think each fairy tale character would have in their beauty routine and after some requests, I decided to continue this series and add in some more characters. Today’s post is all about Ariel from the Little Mermaid and all the beauty picks I think she’d have in her arsenal.
- Youthful Skin (RBR Time Defying Foundation) – Ariel always looks flawless and her creamy skin is a big part of her looking so youthful. I think this foundation is the perfect thing to do the trick!
- Scent of the Sea (Sea Rem Fragrance) – This fragrance is a mix of floral, sea elements, and wood. The top floral notes include violet, rose, and lily of the valley while the sea elements include seaweed and other marine notes, and the wood elements include patchouli, sandalwood, vanilla, and licorice. I love the sea theme of the bottle and that the fragrance itself includes elements from the sea.
- Bright Eyes (RBR Megaplumes Mascara) – This mascara comes in the shade Oxblood (a color I’m obsessing over atm) and I think it’s the perfect way to make your eyes pop without using conventional black or brown. I also love that this focuses on volume as Ariel’s lashes always look out of this world sky high. For another great volumizing mascara, see the latest mascara I’m obsessing over.
- Red Lips (ILIA Lipstick in Wild Child) – Ariel’s signature pout is a constant red lip that matches her very red hair. I loved this lipstick in particular because it’s called “Wild Child” and I imagine Ariel to be a free spirit of sorts. I mean, come on, she combs her hair with a fork…See my review for ILIA Lipsticks.
- Soft Creamy Skin (ML Blue Cocoon Balm) – Again, she has flawless skin and how else could she be keeping it so flawless than with a face balm? My favorite one is the Blue Cocoon from May Lindstrom and it includes Blue Tansy which gives it the lovely blue tint. It just reminds me of the sea. See my review for this balm.
- Seaweed Soft Skin (Seaweed Bath Soak) – I haven’t tried this one, but it sounds amazing. It’s basically mineral-rich dehydrated seaweed meant to help soften and nourish your skin. It’s completely natural and since it’s from the sea, how could it not be in Ariel’s routine?
What Do You Think Ariel Would Have In Her Routine?
Who’s Your Favorite Fairy Tale Character?
More Fairy Tale Beauty Posts:
*affiliate links in post; not all links are affiliate.