Halloween Decor | Easy DIY Neutral Stripe Pumpkin
Let me preface this post by saying that I SUCK at crafts. The good news is that even if you suck at crafts, YOU TOO can still do this DIY! That’s why I’m really excited to share this fun and super DIY Neutral Stripe Pumpkin idea for Halloween decor! I live in an apartment and while I’m not particularly crafty, I love decorating for the holidays and Halloween is my absolute favorite. This DIY Pumpkin is SO easy. You don’t have to be super craft savvy or anything to be able to achieve this and you can do a number of fun pumpkin decorations in with this same method without spending a lot of time or money on it.
What You Will Need:
- Paint Pens or Markers (I used Craft Smart from Michaels craft store, but you can use any equivalent from any craft store. Sharpie makes similar ones as well)
- Pumpkins (I got a fake pumpkin from Target, but you can purchase a real one if you prefer)
- A little creativity
- Decide what kind of stripes you want on your pumpkin. If you want thin stripes, be sure to sure a finer paint pen or the thin edge of the paint pen to draw your stripes on. If you want thick stripes, sure the thicker edge or larger paint pens.
- Pick your paint pen colors. I used black and metallic gold paint pens because I am loving the neutral pumpkin look for fall, but you could go for traditional black, purple, and orange colors if you like.
- If you have trouble tracing a straight line, invest in painter’s tape (it won’t stick or leave sticky residue on your pumpkin) or washi tape to map out where you want your stripes to go. I did these stripes free-hand, but if you don’t feel comfortable, the tape will help you map out your lines.
- NOTE: Do one color at a time and all the stripes for that color. If you don’t it could mess up the pattern you’re trying to achieve. I did all black first and then all gold so that way the color pattern would match up. Also, you don’t have to paint the stem, but I thought it looked cool 🙂
What Are Your Favorite Halloween Decorations?
Come Chat With Me!
*Affiliate links in post; Not all links are affiliate.