Next up in the Best of 2013 series is skincare!
If you missed my Best of 2013: Makeup post, check HERE!
Today’s post is featuring the best of the best in skincare that I’ve discovered over this past year or still been loving for a few years, etc. I’ve done my best to keep the amount of items in this post down so the collage didn’t look super cluttered so you know if the item is listed, it’s one of my absolute favorites and is worth a look!
1. Antonia Burrell Cream Supreme 2. Antonia Burrell Natural Glow Cleansing Oil 3. Suti Organic Cleanse Balm + Moisturizer + Face Mask 4. May Lindstrom Skincare The Good Stuff Radiance Oil for Hair, Skin & Nails 5. Max Green Alchemy Shower Gelée 6. Max Green Alchemy Skin Rescue Cream 7. May Lindstrom Skincare The Problem Solver Face Mask 8. The Leakey Collection Pure Marula Oil ♥
1. Antonia Burrell Cream Supreme : This is, hands down, the best face cream I’ve found anywhere that helps any and every skin issue on the planet. From blackheads (yes, blackheads on your nose!) to regular acne spots, inflammation, redness, discoloration, hyper pigmentation, scarring and wrinkles, this cream doesn’t miss a beat and unlike other creams that make promises they can’t keep, this one actually produces noticeable results. Also, it’s formulated with all natural herbal ingredients so there’s no artificial nasties in this at all. It’s pricey, but it’s one expensive cream that actually works and that you’ll be happy you bought. See my full review - HERE.
2. Antonia Burrell Natural Glow Cleansing Oil : This is a cleansing oil I’ve loved for years and with good reason. It’s incredible at clearing the skin of breakouts, irritation and redness! It’s naturally formulated entirely from plant oils and does a superb job of cleansing skin without stripping it. This might be too much for very sensitive skin types, but for most it should be fine. It’s not super hydrating like some cleansing oils so it works well for both combination and oily skin types, especially those who experience frequent breakouts. See my full review – HERE.
3. Suti Organic Cleanse Balm + Moisturizer + Face Mask : This is, by far, my favorite cleansing balm and I’ve tried tons. No other balm does as great of a job at hydrating, softening, cleansing (without stripping), and even clearing skin as this one! Plus, it’s formulated with all natural and organic ingredients and it has multiple functionality as a cleanser, moisturizer, gentle exfoliant, and a hydrating face mask! See my full review – HERE.
4. May Lindstrom Skincare The Good Stuff Radiance Oil for Hair, Skin & Nails : This is one of those luxe body oils that has 2 things most don’t : luxurious aesthetics and effective, potent, all natural ingredients. It comes in a base of all natural plant carrier oils and includes many herbs and spices in a blend that feels very warming to the skin and has a spicy, chocolatey, sexy scent to it that is downright addictive! Aside from that, the natural formula is gentle enough for hair, skin AND nails and actually helps hydrate, soften and nourish all three! Plus, the shimmery golden micas included in the oil make your skin look like they have a natural faux glow that makes any skin tone and type look flawless. See my full review – HERE.
5. Max Green Alchemy Shower Gelée : This is a somewhat recent discovery, though it doesn’t surprise me given how much I love Max Green Alchemy products. Their products are all natural, organic and steroid free which makes them an incredibly effective and all natural alternative for those suffering from skin conditions like eczema, dermatitis, severely dry and sensitive skin, or any other skin condition you can think of. This is so gentle in the shower, but it’s really hydrating, still has a nice lather to it, and smell divine. Full review soon!
6. Max Green Alchemy Skin Rescue Cream : This is a longtime favorite of mine as it’s helped to treat my ongoing dry skin for years with much success. It’s kind of pricey, but it’s one of very few all natural, organic and steroid free skin cream formulas that will help treat dryness, itchiness, inflammation and irritations consistently. If you have eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, dryness, or literally any skin condition that you find is difficult to treat, try this cream. It will not let you down! See my full review – HERE.
7. May Lindstrom Skincare The Problem Solver Face Mask : This is my favorite face mask of any that I’ve tried and I’m something of an expert when it comes to face masks, to be honest. I’ve tried so many of them it would probably make your head spin and that’s not including the number of DIY and homemade varieties I’ve tested on myself or the drugstore kind so you know I’m legit when I say this is the best face mask ever. Unless you have sensitive skin, then you may want to tread carefully as the warming effect is kind of intense so I would just use your best judgment if you think your skin would have a tough time. Otherwise, those with non-sensitive skin and especially those who have issues with acne, spots, inflammation, redness, and discoloration will LOVE this. It’s calming, evens skin out, shrinks the appearance of pores, shrinks and diminishes redness of spots near instantly after use, and general improves the condition of skin. It’s the best face mask and I can’t talk it up enough. See my full review – HERE.
8. The Leakey Collection Pure Marula Oil : This is one of the only face oils I’ve tried that actually helped improve hydration levels in my skin over time. I used it for several months and, while it’s pricey, it’s truly worth it. The marula oil is somehow superior to other plant oils, in my opinion, because it doesn’t need any other ingredients to do it’s job of evening out skin as well as softening, hydrating and calming it. It’s lovely to use and it’s not heavy or irritating on the skin, it doesn’t break me out – it just works really well by itself or with added moisturizers. Plus, this is one face oil that has a nice fair trade, sustainably sourced track record and actually improves and funds the lives and welfare of women in Africa in a way that’s a “hand up” not a “hand out” as Casey from Veggies and Glitter says See my full review – HERE.
What Are Your Favorite Skincare Products for 2013?
Please share in the comments below!
*Affiliate Links in Post; Not All Links Are Affiliate.