So, it’s ridiculous how fast this year has come and gone. I feel like I blinked in January and then it was December, but anyway! It’s been an awesome year and I hope 2014 is even better! That being said, I am doing a “Best of 2013” series starting with all things beauty, fashion and fitness and branching out if I have time!
The first of these is on one of my favorite facets of beauty and it’s makeup!
What could be more fun, amirite?
I know not everyone loves makeup, but a lot of people do and I certainly find it to be a lot of fun so I thought I’d start here as I’ve made some great makeup discoveries this year especially.
1. Hourglass No.28 Serum Treatment + Primer 2. Hourglass Veil Fluid Foundation 3. Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow 4. ILIA Tinted Lip Conditioner in Blossom Lady 5. Covergirl Flamed Out Mascara 6. Naked 3 Palette ♥
1. Hourglass No.28 Serum Treatment + Primer : This is more than just a silky oil blend serum primer that makes your makeup go on smoothly, though it does that too! Aside from making makeup look flawless and beautiful, it also softens skin, locks in your moisturizer, and smells delicious. It’s packed with tons of plant ingredients including 14 essential oils, 10 lipid-rich plant oils, and 4 vitamins all meant to help improve your skin’s natural barrier, protect it from environmental damage (free radicals/pollution,etc), and even out skin tone. Although it does have silicone in the formula, this doesn’t break me out and that’s saying something! See my original post on it – HERE.
2. Hourglass Veil Fluid Foundation : This is my newest holy grail foundation for a number of reasons. It looks beautiful and flawless on the skin, the finish is somewhere between dewy and satin which looks so natural yet more perfect, it has great staying power and is really hydrating without being oily, it doesn’t break me out and the formula includes several anti-aging ingredients including a matrixyl synthe which is meant to help rebuild the collagen in skin. See my original post on it – HERE.
3. Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow : This is the only contour product I’ve found that doesn’t make me look dirty or overly bronzed/orange. I have super fair skin and this creates beautiful shadows. It doesn’t have the best staying power, though it’s a lot longer lasting if you set it with a powder or finishing spray, but it looks amazing and blends easily with foundation, blush and highlighter. See my original post on it – HERE.
4. ILIA Tinted Lip Conditioner in Blossom Lady : I absolutely love ILIA lip products because they have the most varied selection of colors for natural lip colors, more so than my ultimate favorite lipsticks by Karen Murrell (which only have around 10 lipstick colors), and I wear Blossom Lady more than anything. The color is a lovely, natural pink color which looks awesome with any makeup look. It’s perfect for everyday looks and the tinted lip conditioner actually helps keep lips soft and pretty! See my original post on ILIA – HERE.
5. Covergirl Flamed Out Mascara : This is a more affordable version of my previous favorite, Diorshow’s Extase Mascara. Both give incredible volume, lift, and curl to lashes while also adding dark black pigment to lashes for really awesome results! I pretty much exclusively use this mascara now as it’s heaps and bounds more affordable than the Diorshow, though I still enjoy that one when I can afford it. A good natural option that is similar to these is the Josie Maran GOGO Mascara. See my original post on the Covergirl mascara – HERE.
6. Naked 3 Palette : It’s not really the norm for me to be declaring something a favorite if I’ve had it for less than a month, but I really can’t praise this palette enough. I previously saw the UD Naked palettes as a waste of money as all I thought all they were are different shades of brown, but this palette is totally different. All of the colors have a sort of natural rose gold brown effect to them. They’re so beautiful and look amazing! I plan on doing some makeup looks with these and a review so stay tuned for that, but it’s definitely living up to the hype! UPDATE: You can now see my review for this palette + 3 makeup looks – HERE.
What Are Your Top Makeup Picks for 2013?
Share in the comments below!
*Affiliate Links in Post; Not All Links Are Affiliate.