Gressa Skin Minimalist Corrective Serum Foundation Review
I’m beyond excited to talk about this foundation today because it’s one that I picked up over the holidays at the end of last year and I’ve been loving it ever since! It’s the Gressa Skin Serum Foundation and it’s my favorite natural foundation to date! There are a TON of reasons to love this foundation so read on to find out why you need this in your collection if you plan on green-ifying your routine and you want to get the same results as conventional makeup.
About Gressa Skin
Gressa Skin is a green beauty brand founded in nature with a belief that all natural and certified organic skincare should be safe for your body, but also a luxurious experience. They have a line of skincare and makeup products which all include skin healing plant ingredients for an inclusive beauty ritual that is constantly improving your skin.
Clean Certified Organic Ingredients that Help Heal, Protect and Hydrate Skin
Ingredients: *Brassica oleracea (Broccoli) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Silica, GRESSA Healing ComplexTM *Silymarin, *Neem (Azadirachta indica) Extract,*Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) Extract, *Lemon Balm (Melissa officianalis) Extract, *Barberry (Berberis vulgaris) Extract, *Sea Buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides) Seed Extract, *Elder Flower (Sambucus nigra) Extract, *Bitter Melon (Momordica charantia) Extract, Licorice Root (Glycyrrhiza glabra) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate Non-GMO, Coenzyme Q10, Ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate, (Vitamin C), *lecithin, *glycerin, mica, iron oxides, titanium oxide. *CERTIFIED ORGANIC
The BEST Natural Liquid Foundation
This is just to illustrate how little you need to get coverage with this foundation. This is a very small dot of the foundation on my hand. Below is the same amount of foundation only I’ve blended it out a little more in each photo.
This is that same dot of foundation, but blended out a little bit more and the photo below illustrates that dot of foundation blended completely into my skin. I probably could’ve used a little bit less and still gotten good coverage.
The foundation’s consistency is super runny, very much like a thin serum or even like water. It takes awhile to get used to that aspect of the foundation, but it’s actually a great aspect of the formula because you can apply a very small amount to cover your entire face. The foundation comes in a dropper bottle and you need about 3-6 drops (depending on how good your skin is looking that day) to cover your entire face. I use a buffing brush to apply, but you can also use your fingers or even a foundation brush, if you like.
Find Your Shade:
- 01 Warm Porcelain, pale shade with subtle yellows (this is the shade I wear!)
- 02 Fair-Light, pink undertones
- 03 Light Medium, olive/slightly warmer undertones
- 04 Medium, golden yellow undertones
- 05 Medium-Tan, neutral undertones
- 06 Tan, warm undertones
- 07 Light Deep, yellow undertones
- 08 Deep, red undertones
What I Love
I love that this foundation is both a skincare product as well as a makeup product. The formula includes pigment, but the majority of the formula is a blend of certified organic plant oils like broccoli seed oi, Gressa’s trademarked healing complex, and various plant extracts which work to fight premature aging, protect your skin from free radicals, hydrate and balance your skin, and also heal acne and even brighten discolorations. Aside from that, I love the finish of this foundation. It’s a near perfect match for my skin tone and it looks like I’m not wearing anything on my skin. It just makes my skin look like it’s naturally flawless. My friend told me it didn’t even look like I was wearing any makeup and I frequently get compliments on having such good skin. My skin is in pretty good shape these past few years after switching to an almost exclusively organic skincare routine, but my skin isn’t perfect – this foundation just makes people think it is and I’m okay with that!
^ My makeup- free face! ^ ( my bathroom lighting is warm so that’s why I look so tan LOL)
^ simple makeup look – no filter in natural lighting ^
Tips for Application
I’ve come across many reviews for this foundation and while most are positive (not surprised there), a lot of them have issues with this foundation setting into dry patches. I had the exact same problem with it at first, but I’ve discovered a few key things you can do to either minimize the problem or eliminate it altogether so that this foundation looks exactly how it was meant to look: flawless.
- Cleanse and Exfoliate Beforehand. The first tip is to cleanse and exfoliate before applying this foundation. Since it does have a tendency to settle into even the slightest dry patches, you need to deep cleanse properly and exfoliate. My advice is to #1 exfoliate first with a scrub and then use a deep cleansing oil to ensure your skin is cleansed, but also hydrated.
- Moisturize Extensively.To moisturize your skin even more, I recommend you use either a very hydrating face cream and face oil or face balm which will help immensely with the issue of this foundation setting into dry patches (if you have them). If you have particularly dry skin, you can add a primer to this step and it will help your skin stay hydrated and your foundation last a lot longer. If you have an oilier skin type, I still recommend using a good moisturizer just to ensure a nice, even application and finish.
- Apply with a Buffing Brush. Even though this foundation is a bit on the pricey side of things, it will last you AGES. The formula is nearly all plant oils so it’s shelf life is pretty good and it’s a VERY runny formula that goes such a long way. I need maximum 6 drops (and I do mean DROPS) from this dropper bottle foundation to cover my entire face on a bad skin day. You can apply this with your fingers, but I prefer to use a flat buffing brush because I feel like the finish is a lot prettier than with my fingers. Also, I prefer to avoid touching my face whenever possible so I like using brushes. Applying this with a buffing brush gives a really good finish and it’s easier, in my opinion, to control where the foundation sets into dry patches so I can minimize any issues if they come up.
What’s Your Favorite Natural Foundation?
Have You Tried Gressa Skin Products?
Come Chat With Me!
*This product was purchased with my own money and of my own free will. All opinions and thoughts are 100% honest and based on my own personal experience with the product. I have no association with Gressa Skin, but let’s cross our fingers and hope they see this post and want to send me products to review! 😉