Recently, I was very fortunate to receive 3 samples from Astara Skincare to try and review for you guys: this moisturizer (as seen above), the Aromatic Seaweed Body Wash (see review here) and the Activated Sea Mineral Mask (see review here).
I hope you enjoy!
Product Claims :
The richest and most concentrated of our replenishing moisturizers, this triple-action treatment simultaneously stimulates cellular regeneration, protects against free radicals, and intensely hydrates to restore youthful suppleness and radiance to mature and very dry skins.
I really enjoy the texture of this cream a lot. In fact, I was bummed when I discovered this is likely too rich for my skin type, at least at my age. As a girl in my 20’s with oily combination skin that is very acne prone and reactive, this was just too rich for me. It gave me 2 spots during my trial run with this which I was pretty bummed about. My mom, on the other hand, loves this cream and finds it gives her a next day glow if she uses it at night. I think it should mainly be used by those with more mature skin types or otherwise those with dry or combination to dry skin types. These are the types that will get the most out of the fantastic ingredients in this formula. There are lots of plant extracts that work to brighten the complexion while shea butter and sodium hyaluronate (hyaluronic acid) work well together to hydrate and firm the skin as they protect from free radicals. It is a very nourishing cream, though it doesn’t feel heavy on the skin and it doesn’t feel like it’s sitting on the skin either. It is absorbed right away. I just wish my skin could handle it!
Who It’s For:
It says it’s for all skin types, but I would recommend this more for combination to dry, dry, and mature skin types.
- Wild Yam & Evening Primrose – Very soothing, both of these ingredients are calming and nourishing to the skin. They also help with hormonal balance which is especially helpful during that lucky time of the month or those going through the change of life (menopause). Evening primrose is also known to brighten the complexion.
- Shea Butter – A very hydrating ingredient, shea butter helps lock in moisture to the skin. It is very rich and provides protection against free radicals.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – Also known as hyaluronic acid, this ingredient is naturally occurring in the body and helps to moisturize skin without being overly greasy or heavy. It helps regenerate cells, encourage collagen production, and is very easily absorbed by the skin.
- Harmful Dyes and Preservatives
- Includes many nourishing ingredients in the formula for optimal hydration and suppleness.
- Many plant extracts brighten and tone the skin for overall radiance
- Evening primrose calms hormonal outbreaks while also moisturizing and calming the complexion.
- Sodium Hyaluronate (hyaluronic acid) helps hydrate skin, assist with cell turnover, and encourage collagen production.
- Light, Pleasant Scent
- Creamy Smooth Texture
- Too Rich for Oily, Oily/Combination or some reactive acne prone skin types
- May be Expensive to Some
All in all, this cream is really great, just not great for me. Clearly it will do worlds of good for someone who has more mature skin or drier skin. If you have oily skin or acne prone skin, I would go with something a little lighter than this cream as I really feel this is much too rich for oilier skin types. It did make me break out a little during my testing (2 weeks), but it was not an allergic reaction and other than the 2 spots, there really was no irritation caused by this. I really wish that this would work with my skin because the consistency of this cream feels very luxurious and smooth, but thankfully, my mom now has a new cream and mask that she won’t stop raving about.
Where to Find:
You can find Radiance Renewal Intense Moisturizer on the Astara Skincare website – here.
OVERALL RATING: 7/10
Have you ever tried Astara Skincare?
Share your thoughts in the comments!
To Learn More About Astara Skincare, Click Here.
That’s All for Now!
I’ll Talk to You Soon : ]
Disclaimer: I was NOT given compensation to write this blog post in any way other than the free sample that was sent to me from Astara Skincare to review. My opinions, thoughts and experiences with this product are my own.