Grateful November: Apple Tart Recipe
It’s time for another Grateful November post, you guys! I’ve talked about things I’m thankful for, natural beauty brands that give back, and how to live a little greener each day already. Since it’s the week of Thanksgiving, I thought I would share an apple tart recipe to get excited for it. Also, I’ve really been wanting to try my hand at this recipe since it’s so aesthetically pleasing and apple recipes are delicious this time of year!
Apple Tart Recipe
Since I am, by no means, a chef, I decided to use another recipe as a reference and I settled on the apple tart recipe from Chocolate and Zucchini. For anyone who isn’t super skilled in the kitchen, this recipe is pretty easy to follow and not crazy complicated to do. There are some significant differences between my recipe and this one. First, I used a store bought dough to make this fast. Secondly, I didn’t peel my apples because I like the little pops of red.
- 3 Tablespoons (40 grams) melted unsalted butter
- 3 Tablespoons (40 grams) blond unrefined cane sugar – This is that raw crystal sugar for my fellow Americans!
- 1 quick and easy puff pastry ( 9 ounces or 250 grams if you make it yourself or buy it) – Again, if you’re American like me, you can make this from scratch following this recipe or just purchase a premade butter croissant rolls and use that. Just make sure you measure it with a food scale to ensure the amount is correct.
- 3 small apples peeled, cored, and thinly sliced into circles
- pinch of salt
- Preheat over to 350°F (175°C)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush a 10 inch circular shape onto the parchment paper using half the melted butter. Sprinkle the circle with half your sugar.
- Roll out your dough on a floured surface and cut out a 10 inch circle. Use a round cake pan or plate as a guide.
- Carefully transfer your dough to your baking sheet. Place directly over the sugar/butter circle you made on the parchment paper.
- Place your apple slices in an overlapping pattern onto the dough. Start from the outside and work your way in to give a uniform shape. With your remaining melted butter, brush over the apples and dough. Sprinkle your salt over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the apples are soft and the crust is slightly browned.
- Remove the tart from the oven, sprinkle with your remaining sugar, put it back into the oven, and put your oven on “broil’ for 2 minutes to caramelize the sugar.
- Let cool for 15 minutes (or until room temperature) and enjoy!
Winter Solstice Brew
I also wanted to share the recipe for this Winter Solstice Brew with you guys! It is alcoholic so that’s something to keep in mind. It is mainly composed of brandy and then it’s infused with winter spices for up to 5 weeks. All you need to do is chock the navel oranges into quarters/slices and place them into a large mason jar (or a few small ones). Then add the cinnamon, peppercorns, star anise, and vanilla bean. Pour the brandy over the spices and store in a cool dark place. I’m making this for a gift, but you can simply make it for yourself, if you prefer. It goes great in tea and helps boost immunity and warmth on cold, dreary days. Also, pagans believe cinnamon and star anise bring good luck 😉
- 4 Cups of Brandy
- 4 Small Navel Oranges
- 1 (8-inch) piece Cinnamon stick
- 24 Peppercorns, black
- 2 Star anise
- 1 (8-inch) piece Vanilla bean (slice open lengthwise to release the little beans before placing it in the jars!)
Early Black Friday Deals!
- Big Shopbop Sale // 15% off orders of $200+, 20% Off orders of $500+, or 25% Off orders of $800+! Use Code: GOBIG16 at checkout!
- 100% Pure // 20 select items for $10 each $35 purchase minimum – tons of popular items are included from cosmetics to skin and body care!
- BeauTeaBar // BeauTeaBar is having an AWESOME Winter Sale where items are 20% Off – no code required!!
- ASOS // Up to 60% Off Cold Weather Women’s clothing!
- Petal and Post // Get a FREE 2-in-1 Top and Base Coat from Treat Collection with any Treat Collection purchase!
- Dolce Vita // Up to 60% off and 20% off all sale with promo code BLACK20 at checkout!
I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving weekend!
Come Chat With Me!