A Few Of My Favorite Things…
I’m joining some of my blogger friends today in writing about a few of my favorite things during this holiday season! I thought it would be appropriate to riddle this post with peeks in at what my holiday season has been like so far with snaps from my instagram and a little bit more about each one just in case you follow me on instagram and have already seen some of these; you’ll get some more information them!
Cozy plaid slippers that don’t make your feet sweat!
No really. These seriously cozy plaid slippers are made in the Charente region of France according to ZADY (the ethical fashion shop I bought them from) where they’ve been crafted the same way for 350 years. They use wool scraps to line the inside and recycled felt to make the sole of the slipper for a super soft and comfortable fit that keeps your feet warm, but is still super breathable. Originally, these were used to line the inside of clogs and give more cushion, If you follow me on IG, you’ll have seen me raving about how amazing these are and the reason for that is they’re the only slipper I’ve ever found that are simultaneously both warm AND don’t make my feet sweat. That’s a win in my book! As if that’s not enough, these slippers are also ethically handmade in France using high quality natural materials which seals the deal for me.
Coffee & Tea ♥
I’ve been a little obsessed with coffee and tea lately, especially because this coffee shop down the street from my apartment makes the most adorable latté art with seriously delicious blends. I’ve been loving their cinnamon lattés and vanilla lavender lattés the most! When I’m not indulging in some coffee, I’ve been making turmeric tea and jasmine tea at home to ward off sickness and stay warm as it’s been quite cold here as of late!
Harry Potter Christmas Tree
My boyfriend and I decided that our first Christmas tree in our apartment would be Harry Potter themed. Since I’m Gryffindor and he’s Ravenclaw, we’ve been using both blue and silver combined with red and gold ornaments which is a surprisingly pretty effect on our tree. On top of that, we’ve also purchased and made a few of our own Harry Potter themed ornaments which has been a ton of fun. Our tree is also crooked so it’s pretty perfect 😛
MAHALO Skincare Love ♥
I’ve been seriously loving my collection of MAHALO Skincare collection! They use these gorgeous eco chic bamboo jars for each products and the product names are etched into each jar for such a beautiful, unique look. That alone makes me love them, but they’re also incredible effective skincare products!
- PELE MASK // The Pele Mask is a blend of turmeric, vitamin C & volcanic ash clays which gently detox your pores and clear breakouts.If you’ve ever tried the May Lindstrom Problem Solver Mask, this is a lot like that, but much gentler. It’s just as effective at calming skin and clearing breakouts, but it’s not as intense of an experience which some people might prefer. I love them both and find they’re both wonderful to detox clogged pores, rejuvenate skin, and shrink breakouts. ♥
- MAHALO BALM // Their Mahalo Balm is an incredible blend of plant essences & oils that act as a potent skin healer. I’ve used it to heal breakouts, minor burns, skin irritations (eczema) & even sunburns. It’s wonderful for dry skin, but it’s an incredible skin healer. It really shined at healing a burn I had on my foot from a hot piece of charcoal over the summer. It also successfully soothed and took the heat out of a sunburn my boyfriend had literally overnight. It’s amazing. Try it, use it, love it ♥ ♥
- RARE INDIGO BALM // Their latest Rare Indigo Balm includes soothing properties and helps calm redness thanks to the inclusion of rare indigo extract. It’s wonderful if you have irritated, inflamed or dry acne prone skin. It soothes irritation while nourishing skin in a very gentle way. Also, the scent is intoxicating! Click Here to Read My Full Review ♥
- PETAL MASK // I received the not-yet-released Petal Mask (official release is this February 2016!) as a special offer along with my Rare Indigo Balm purchase and have really loved it. It looks a lot like pepto bismol in the jar – petal pink in color – and it’s smooth and runny in texture. I apply it onto my face with a face mask brush, you can use any old clean makeup brush. It’s SO LOVELY. Super light, calming to irritated skin, plumps and improves skin radiance, and so softening to skin! It also smells amazing and works to soften, hydrate and smooth skin really well. It’s less a mask to detox your skin (use Pele Mask if you want that) and more of a mask to give your skin a natural, healthy glow ♥
Makeup Favorites ♥
- Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation in Like Porcelain // This is a wonderful medium-full coverage foundation. It’s organically formulated in France using top quality natural ingredients and comes in a seriously luxurious metal compact. The compact is heavy in weight so you know the quality is there. Moreover, the finish of this can be customized from dewy to satin to matte depending on how you moisturize. Use a matte cream for matte coverage, hydrating cream for satin coverage and cream and face oil for dewy coverage. ♥ Click Here to Read My Review ♥
- One Love Organics Pink Heart Konjac Sponge // This is a new addition to my collection so no review on it yet, but I love konjac sponges so I knew this would be a win. It’s adorably shaped into a heart and is infused with French clay for added gentle cleansing. It’s lovely, very gentle, and definitely a new favorite!
- W3ll People Expressionist Mascara // I discovered this mascara quite recently as well in the limited edition Best of Green Beauty Box from The Detox Market. This mascara has a wand that helps separate and lift lashes to new heights. It’s amazing and definitely a new mascara favorite for me. The product formula is light and weightless, but also very pigmented so it doesn’t weigh lashes down, but you coats them in a beautiful jet black color. It’s also super gentle on my sensitive, allergy-prone eyes.
- Karen Murrell Lipstick in Rymba Rhythm // This is a gorgeous bright red color and goes on the lips beautifully. It’s very pigmented and pretty for the holidays. Also, KM lipsticks are amazing in themselves. They’re 100% biodegradable (within 100 days), eco-friendly, ethically sourced, and wonderful for so many other reasons – too many to list here so check my review if you want to know more! ♥ Click Here to Read My Review ♥
- Nudus Lip Euphoria in Dirty Diana // Nudus makes some really unique natural lipsticks. They’re formulated using natural plant oils and balms as well as ayurvedic herbs to create custom lip colors so they’re 100% safe to use. Dirty Diana is the perfect deep berry color for winter and looks gorgeous on any skin tone. ♥ Click Here to Read My Review ♥
- Gressa Skin Corrective Serum Foundation in Shade 1 // This is my holy grail organic liquid foundation. It’s formula includes organic plant oils and extracts which hydrate, heal, soothe and soften skin while you wear it. Moreover, the ingredients help fight acne, aging, and protect your skin from free radicals (like pollution). If that’s not enough, it offers medium coverage that sinks into your skin for a “your skin, but way,way better” finish. You can also customize this foundation to be matte, satin or dewy depending on how you moisturize. ♥ Click Here to Read My Review ♥
- RMS Beauty Living Luminizer // I’m obsessed with this cream highlighter! It’s so gentle with such a simple organic plant formula and looks stunning on anyone. It’s very subtle and hardly seems visible, but somehow improves the glow of your skin, highlights your brow, cheeks, inner corners, and cupid’s bow so perfectly!
- RMS Beauty Buriti Bronzer // The RMS Buriti Bronzer is the perfect bronzer for any skin tone. Whether you’re super pale like me or have more tanned skin, it lends a gorgeous finish. You can use it as a bronzer or contour cream, however you like. I mainly prefer to use it as a contour cream in the hollows of my cheeks, around my nose, and along my jawline. I use very little since, as I said, I’m quite pale and need a tiny amount to get the desired effect. If you’re more tan, you’ll need more product, but it looks flawless on everyone! ♥ ♥
- Studio 78 Paris Off We Go Concealer in At Dawn // This awesome concealer might be my holy grail! I’ve been testing it for ages and haven’t got around to posting my review (forgive me), but it’s amazing. It’s one of those concealers that’s just creamy enough without being too greasy or oily on the skin. It doesn’t crease, has amazing pigmentation and coverage, and it does wonders to hide dark circles and any redness using very little product.
- Kure Bazaar Nail Polish in Mademoiselle K // This nail polish is so pretty! Although photos of it make it look like it’s a berry red, it’s really not. You can see in this post that it’s more of a true blue red than a berry red so I find it weird that the product photos are so off. Anyway, it’s the perfect red nail polish for the holidays and looks stunning with gold, glitter colors, deep grey colors, and all on it’s own. I love KB polishes because they’re non-toxic, 5 free, and are inspired by fashion & nature. Moreover, their colors are long lasting, have lots of shine, and a beautiful glossy effect.
What Are Some of Your Favorite Things this Holiday Season?
Come Chat With Me!
Affiliate links in post; Not all links are affiliate.