So I recently received this lovely travel kit of all of the Me & the Girls skincare products for review and they’ve truly been lovely to experience.
If you are unfamiliar with the luxury organic skincare brand, Me & the Girls is an organic beauty brand which aims to better the lives of girls and women here in the United States and abroad by donating a portion of their proceeds to various womens’ charities including the White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood, Women for Women Intl., and G.E.M.S. (Girls Educational Mentoring Service). They also seek to aid local organic farms and the economy by purchasing locally and organically whenever possible. Their products include a high volume of organic ingredients, including certified organic Cupuaçu seed butter which possesses a high capacity for water absorption and aids in restoring elasticity and hydration to the skin.
In my mini kit, I received the following: Limonum Body Scrub, Lavandula Revive Softening Creme, Moon™ Anti-Aging Night Facial Moisturizer, Moon™ Serum, Lavandula Revive Foot Scrub, Bamboo spoon and the Me & the Girls Signature logo travel bag.
- Limonum Body Scrub: This body scrub smells very citrus-y, just as the name implies. It’s made on a base of fine grain raw organic cane sugar, coconut oil, cupuaçu seed butter, lemon creme and avocado butter. I really enjoyed using this scrub as it was both exfoliating and hydrating at the same time. It really helps to soften the skin and hydrate all at once to reveal glowing skin.
- Lavandula Revive Foot Softening Creme: I love the texture of this. It smells just like lavender and melts on contact with skin. It acts more like a balm than a creme, in my opinion, but works excellently nonetheless. It softens dry skin and calluses on the feet and really hydrates overall. Plus the scent is very relaxing!
- Moon™ Anti-Aging Night Facial Moisturizer: This is a fantastic facial moisturizer for dry skin or combination skin that is feeling dry ( especially in winter! ). My skin has been super dry with this extremely windy, cold weather we’ve been having and since I ran out of my beloved Suti Cleanse Balm, this has been just the thing to keep my skin in good shape! It melts on contact with skin, rather similar to the Foot Softening Creme, but the scent smells more like subtle scented baked goods than lavender and gently hydrates and softens the skin. I was near peeling and super flaky on my chin area and this really helped moisturize that entire area overnight. I would not recommend this for breakout prone or oily skin, though, as it might be a bit too nourishing for some.
- Moon™ Facial Serum: This is a really nice serum which includes various plant oils to heal and rejuvenate dry, sensitive, mature and sun damaged skin types. I think it’s a nice serum for any skin type as it doesn’t have much scent and doesn’t feel too heavy on the skin, though acne prone and oily skin types should be wary of the amount they use as too much can be a bit too much. It’s certainly very hydrating, but I enjoyed using the moisturizer more than this one, surprisingly.
- Lavandula Revive Foot Scrub: With the same scent as the Foot Softening Creme, this sugar scrub includes lavender and a spearmint butter creme base which feels a bit cooling and very similar to the body scrub only with a more relaxing scent and cooling sensation that is absent in the body scrub. Perfect for feet!
- Bar Beleza Multi-Use Beauty Bar: This all-over beauty bar comes in a stick balm form and can be applied anywhere you might need it. I used on dry areas of my face, under my eyes, and on lips with much success, but it’s up to you how you use it. I love that it comes in stick form because it’s great for traveling and super convenient to use. It’s super multi-tasking and very hydrating and since it’s in stick form, you’ll use just the right amount every time. My favorite way of using this was as a lip balm!
You can check out this luxury travel kit - here.
What lovely natural products are you loving right now?
Let Me Know in the Comments!