With October comes the beautiful change of season, oncoming holidays, but also a special time for giving back and supporting those in need. It’s especially important this month because it’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month. There is so much you can do to help, even if you don’t have cash to spare. For one, you can donate your time by participating in one or two of the many Walk/Run/Jog For A Cure events (See below for a few places where you can sign up for one!). You can wear pink to show your support or you can also purchase specific products which donate a portion (or sometimes all) of the proceeds to a Breast Cancer Research Fund or Foundation.
Race, Walk, Run, Jog, Skip For A Cure:
- Susan G. Komen For A Cure. This is an incredible place to sign up for a race! They started with a single race in 1983, but now have over 150 races on 4 continents! Click Here to Find A Race Near You.
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk. Another fantastic way to show your support is by participating in one of the many events held by MakingStrides and walking against breast cancer. Search for an event near you here. You can also have your friends and families click to sponsor you once you sign up!
- Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. Avon is one of the most well known supporters for breast cancer research so it’s no wonder they hold events. In 8 large cities around the US, you can sign up to Walk for a Cure with Avon. Sign up here.
If you don’t have time to join a walk or race, you can do your part by donating cash (which you can do at any of the above websites) or by purchasing various products whose proceeds (all or a portion) will go to funding research.
Here Are A Few Ways To Shop Your Way To A Cure:
- Buy Any Acure Organics products on Spirit Beauty Lounge and each bottle sold will give $2 to breast cancer research. Shop Acure Organics here.
- Vapour Beauty is offering their Beauty Elixir Plumping Lip Gloss for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. 100% of the proceeds for go breast cancer research! Check it out here.
- Aveda Hand Relief Cream is on special for the entire month of October. For every cream sold, $4 will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and will support cruelty free research. Check it out here.
- GlamGlow Cure Sexy Tingling and Exfoliating Mud Mask from Sephora is a special edition version of Glamglow’s Mud Mask, created especially for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. 25% of the proceeds go to the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF). Check it out here on Sephora.
- Jane Iredale Cosmetics is doing their part this month as well with the Cherish Lip Fixation set. 100% of the profits from this item go to Living Beyond Breast Cancer, a foundation dedicated to empowering women affected by breast cancer to “live as long as possible with the best quality of life.” Check it out here.
- You can also shop directly on the BreastCancerSite to see a ton of products which all benefit Breast Cancer. They also have a number of other ways to shop various charities on there as well. Shop their Pink Ribbon section here.
Bloggers Do Their Part!
I can always count on my fellow bloggers to be involved. It seems like everyone is posting on Breast Cancer Awareness Month which I think is so fantastic because spreading the word and showing people what they can do to help is the best way to create change and a brighter future.
SweetJellyBean is posting on it all month long and has even created this fantastic banner, encouraging bloggers to Blog Pink to show their support. Check out her original post on that here and also pick up one of these awesome banners in the post or her sidebar to show your support as well!
What are you doing this month to show your support?