I can always count on my fellow bloggers to inspire me with their posts. It’s not like I’m trying to copy them or imitate what they do, but sometimes, you just know that they’ve done something you want to do once you see them do it because it looks like fun. So that’s what I’m doing here after reading this post from Beauty and the Best of the Rest. If you haven’t read her post or don’t follow her yet, definitely do because she writes fantastic posts that never fail to interest and amuse me. Anyhow, on with the post!
A lot of things annoy me. Maybe I’m just a B, but there just seems to be a long list of crap that annoys me. Although I’m sure this isn’t everything, here are some of the top things that get on my nerves and excuse me ahead of time if it’s a bit long winded.
1. When Unqualified People Try To Give You Advice. Seriously. Just don’t do it. I have had so many issues with this. Whether I vaguely mention I’ve been working out and trying to lose some pounds or someone finds out my boyfriend is a type 1 diabetic, they’re all so ready to dish out advice and all I have to say is this – please just do us all a favor and shut the hell up. If you’re not a specialist in that area (personal trainer, medical specialist), then don’t offer up advice. Don’t tell me that you have a friend who just walked and lost 1,000 lbs. Seriously? She did? I’m sure that will solve all of my problems if I just walked! You know, because I’ve been sitting on my arse this whole time not doing anything. And mentioning that fruit is so high in calories is just ignorant. Eating fruit never made anyone fat; I’m just saying. And telling me about your uncle or auntie or cousin or friend’s friend who is a diabetic who lost their limb or eye or died? That’s just annoying and horrifying and rude. I don’t care or want to know about it and I don’t want any advice or recommendations for my boyfriend to get on a raw food diet, paleo, or any crap like that. And don’t ask me if I’m worried about him losing limbs because what kind of question is that anyway?
2. When People Make Eye Contact and Then Try To Cut In Front Of Me In Lines (Queues). Yes, you. I see you standing in my peripheral and no you can’t cut in. This especially annoys me if it’s a group of people or a family of five. What kind of classlessness do you have to have to blankly stare at me (or all 5 if you, if that were the case) as you try to cut in? Just stop being a jerk and get in line properly. Thanks.
3. When People Are Super Loud In Public. This especially bugs me if it’s late at night or in the cinema. Yelling, laughing and generally being obnoxious to the point where I can’t hear myself speak is just ridiculous.
4. Politicians Who Act Like They Can Relate To Ordinary Citizens. This one gets me yelling at the TV. Why do rich politicians try so hard to act like they know what the heck we’re going through? Unless you actually do, shut up and fly away in your private jet.
5. Negative Nancies. This is one of the most annoying things ever. If I get excited about something new that I’m doing and someone says ‘oh you know, that is so hard to accomplish…there is so much competition..’ I hate this. Who are you to tell me what I can and can’t do? This sort of negative response only fuels my ambitions more because I know that I can do whatever I choose to. Screw you for not believing in me; I’ll remember not to thank you when I finally reach my goals.
6. People Who Let Their Kids Crawl, Walk or Fall All Over the Place In Stores . Please watch your children! The other day I actually saw a kid crawling into the window display of a store. What the heck? Seriously? Watch your kids!
7. When Sales People Address My Boyfriend Not Me For Purchasing Cars, Opening Bank Accounts, or Paying the Check At A Restaurant Even Though I Am the One Inquiring. I am an independent woman (cue music here). No, but seriously, I am. I buy my own things, pay my bills, work for a living, etc. So I don’t know why (and this happens often), but every time I do something with my boyfriend like open a bank account, they always make him primary. Even if I am the one opening the account or buying the car with my money. It’s so annoying, sexist, discriminating, and downright wrong.
8. Snobbery. Why are people so obsessed with being better than each other? Why is this a priority in life? Who the hell cares if you have multiple cars, a big house or think you’re better than me? By the way, you’re not and no one cares.
9. Crying Babies In A Movie Theater - Why are you bringing your newborn to a dark movie theater? I’m not a baby hater, but seriously, it’s not appropriate and no one appreciates missing half the film because of your screaming baby.
10. When Drivers Drive As Slow As Possible In Front Of You, But Speed Up the Moment You Try To Pass Them. Really?
11. The Housewives of Anywhere… I don’t understand this obsession with rich psychotic women who live somewhere and fight with each other.
12. When People Have Some Mind Block on Pronouncing My Name or Even Getting It Right. I’ve been called Tatiana, Taianna, Tania, Tanya, Tonya, Tationa. I don’t get it; my name is spelled phonetically -just sound it out! Tea-Anna. That’s all. It’s easy.
13. People Who Text Illiterately. As in ‘Hay gurl, wut u up 2? I noeeee ryyyte! Heehee.” You sound like a complete tool. Just stop being lazy and type the word.
Okay so after that, I hope you all don’t hate me for my views, but they are what they are and it’s perfectly okay if you don’t agree. I try not to get to political or controversial on this blog because I mostly blog how to improve and enrich lives and that really has no relevancy to politics or anything so I haven’t had an opportunity. That being said, again I hope you’re not angry, but if you are I am sorry to have offended you, but I also want to mention that this is tolerance. I accept you and I hope you can accept me as well.
Do comment! I’d love to debate or chat about it, if you like.
Thanks for reading.