I’ve been so inspired lately to do this post because I’ve seen HealthyFrenchie do a post on it (see – here!) and even F00dVentures do a post on it as well (see – here!) so I thought I should join the club and get my goals down on paper, so to speak. That being said, here are my goals for July!
- Run 10 miles a week or More.
You may have read about my thrilling runner’s high experience recently – here. Because of this experience, I have begun running weekly with my sister. It’s usually around the 4-6 mile mark, which I’m extremely happy with and proud of, but I would like to work up to doing it twice a week.
- Get My Crunch Gym Membership. I’ve been trying to do this for about a month now, but I haven’t had the money to do it. I will likely have it in a few weeks, though, so I want to get this going so I have a full 5 day workout schedule.
- Eat More Greens and Things. I am pretty good about getting fruit into my diet and even some salad, but I would like to increase the amount of greens and fruit that I get every day so that I am getting more nutrients. Bring on the green drinks!
- Save More Money. I think this is on everyone’s goals list! I developed an idea in which I put cash into a safe box for each thing I want to save up for – Wizarding World of HP Orlando Trip, New Orleans trip, Trip to visit my friend in UK, Money for a Rainy Day, Emergency Moving Fund, The Just Because I want to Fund and so on. No money in the box yet, but SOON! Even if it’s $5 in each slot. I definitely want to make some progress here because I’ve been terrible at it.
- Meditate Daily. This is something I just want to do because I have a lot of stress in my life. I think we all do in this modern world. I would just like to start each day by relaxing and clearing my mind of all the constant clutter.
- Stay Positive, Take Time for Myself and Smile More Often. I don’t want to give you the wrong idea; it’s not that I’m some depressed person, but I would like to have more active positive reinforcement in my life. I feel like I’m always so busy that I forget to give myself time to breathe and then I end up too stressed and overwhelmed because of all that I’m trying to get done. Therefore, my goal is to take the time I need for myself so I can stay positive and smile more.
- Stay the Course & Don’t Give Up. I know a lot of people who make goals and forget about them a day later. I’ve been guilty of it even. It’s so easy to let life and everyone carry your thoughts away so you lose sight of what you want and what you’re working towards. My goal is to stay focused on what I want and keep my routine in place as much as possible so that I create habits for myself that will ultimately become reflexes. Then, I will be less likely to slack or forget because I already have them in place in my life.
That’s all for now!
What are your current goals ?
What steps do you take to achieve them?