10 Last Minute DIY Gift Ideas
For some reason, gift shopping has not come easy to me this year. I’ve done a bit here and there, but I have to admit that I don’t feel my normal pizazz when it comes to picking out the perfect gift. If, like me, you’ve encountered a few budget snags, you want to avoid store-bought gifts, or maybe just want to avoid overspending, then try out these last minute DIY gift ideas for the special people in your life this holiday. These ideas are easy, affordable, and fun to create 🙂
- DIY Snow Globe from Musings of a Wanderer Blog – This is such a cool idea and really easy to do! The tutorial is really easy to follow and I think you could probably purchase everything you need at a dollar store or for less than $10 if you wanted to make multiples for everyone on your list!
- DIY Tea Gift Sets from Martha Stewart – As a huge tea lover, I definitely gravitate toward these kinds of gift ideas as I think they’re really beautiful to receive and useful. It’s so cold during this time of year and what’s better than a cup of coffee or tea? Related: Coffee, Tea & Treats Gift Guide
- DIY Gold Lettering on Flower Pots from Nest of Posies Blog – If you know anyone who enjoys having house plants, flowers, or gardening or if you want to give a nice hostess gift, this will make a lovely gift!
- DIY Nail Gift Set from MiiMii DIY Blog – I think this is such a cute gift for all your beauty-obsessed friends! You can customize it based on what colors the person likes most or their favorite color. You could add glitter, sequins or other nail art accessories as well.
- DIY S’mores Kit – Who doesn’t love s’mores?! Seriously. I love them! This kit is perfect for people who love the outdoors and frequently go camping or maybe just enjoy fun desserts.
- DIY Baking/Cooking Gift Set from MiiMii DIY Blog – I love to cook and I think that this is such a fun gift to give to those who enjoy cooking whether it’s baking, making pasta, healthy living, sushi rolls or just plain old home style cooking. You can definitely customize this gift to the kind of cooking or baking they enjoy.
- DIY Leather Phrase Bracelet from A Beautiful Mess – These are a serious dupe for these BCBGeneration phrase bracelets! I actually have some of the BCBG ones and while they are super cute, they’re a little pricey if you’re not into spending money on jewelry and I think doing a DIY version will allow you to customize it a lot more to the person you’re gifting it to.
- DIY Hot Cocoa Ornaments from Craft River – I love this idea! Not only is it super cute, but it’s really useful and who doesn’t love hot cocoa around Christmastime? I think these are so adorable and a really pretty way to gift people something nice without breaking the bank.
- DIY Sharpie Glasses from Craft River – I always love these DIY sharpie gifts, especially for mugs and glasses and things! I did some for friends and family in previous years and I got the idea from a tutorial you can see here.
- DIY Vanilla Dipped Soy Candles – I love giving and receiving candles for the holidays and this is a fun way to save money and make them yourself, but also to customize the scent, materials used (wax, soy, etc.), and container. You can use a recycled jar, a mason jar, or even craft your own ceramic jar, if you like.
MORE DIY Gift Ideas for You!
- For Fashion Lovers: DIY Tulle Skirt, DIY Slippers, DIY Flats, DIY Clutch, or DIY Painted Heels
- For Beauty Lovers: DIY Body Scrub, DIY Shimmer Oil, DIY Hair Mask, DIY Nail Polish, DIY Lip Balm or DIY Cosmetic Organizer
- 10 Awesome DIY Christmas Gift Ideas – For Anyone!
- More Cute DIY Holiday Gift Ideas – for Everyone on Your List!
- DIY Homemade Cocoa Kit
- DIY Gifts You Actually Want to Receive – Buzzfeed