Do you ever have a revelation type moment where you just feel like “this is my time”? Well, I had one of those back in December and I’m determined that this year will be MY year. I know I’m a little late with the new year goals and this isn’t really like that anyway; it’s more about fears I want to overcome and tactics I think will help me get there. I have so many goals that I would like to accomplish and I’ve felt like I was traveling in circles for the past few years, but this is the year that things will change for me, BIG TIME. Because I want a sense of accountability and I’m curious to see how many of you guys also struggle with your fears, I thought I would share 10 fears I want to overcome this year. If anything, I hope you’ll be able to see that you are not alone. We’re all in this thing called life together.
10 Fears I Want to Overcome this Year
- YouTube. Well, not necessarily YouTube, per se, but being on video really freaks me out. I’m trying to psyche myself up to do short SnapChat videos and possibly Periscope and then I think I’ll probably transition into YouTube. We shall see! The point is I want to incorporate more video content for you guys because I think my personality translates a lot better on camera and you guys will get a feel for who I really am which is awesome.
- Working Out. I started doing an hour workout a day this year, even if it’s just walking, because I realize I burnt myself out late last year with all the boot camp. Even though I really loved boot camp, I stopped going because 1. it was super expensive and 2. it was exhausting. Also, working out that much caused me to eat a lot more and that was counterproductive to my weight loss goals. So, for now, I’m working on simply walking, jogging, etc. for an hour a day and also adding in some body weight workouts when I feel up to it.
- Clean Eating.Most of the time, I eat well, but when I’m not prepared, I end up eating out which is less than desirable. The irony is that I don’t even want to eat out; I just end up doing it because I’m not prepared with meals. So, the fear I want to overcome is the unknown when it comes to food. I will do my best to prepare healthy food for my breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks during the week and then, if it sometimes doesn’t work out, I’m working on adjusting and being okay with it. Life throws curve balls, but that’s okay.
- Auditioning. My ultimate passion in life is acting for film and TV and I would love nothing more than to do that as a full-time profession. Auditioning terrifies me, but I would really like to work on doing it more anyway because I love playing different characters and telling stories in that way.
- Ballet Class. Currently, there’s an adult ballet class downtown near my apartment that I would like to take. I’m nervous about dancing in front of others because I always feel ungraceful and uncoordinated, but I really love it and find dancing very therapeutic.
- Piano and Singing. I love to sing and I would love to learn to play the piano so I would really like to start doing that once I learn piano a bit and maybe writing some of my own songs.
- Positive Mind, Positive Life. I am, mostly, a positive person, but when I have my down days, I really have them.I can get stuck in a negative loop and that’s hard to deal with so I’ve been working on being more positive, taking time out to do things I enjoy, and coloring for stress relief.
- Patience.I’m not the most patient person out there and I’d like to work on that. I feel like I can get impatient with a lot of people I care for (bless their hearts for dealing with me) and I would like to overcome the fear that causes me to be impatient whether it’s the fear of not having enough time, of not being perfect, etc.
- Trying New Things. I love trying new things, but I’ve kind of lost the drive to go out into the world and try new things lately. This year, I would like to travel to at least 3 new places and try a few new things like indoor rock climbing, go to a trampoline park, and a few other fun things.
- Control. I’m not a control freak, by any means, but I feel like I can get very type A about situations that don’t necessarily go to plan and I’d like to chill the F out on that without worrying about the worst that can happen (which is probably nothing).
What Are Your Fears?
Come Chat With Me!
[show_ltk_widget rows=”1″ cols=”6″ show_frame=”true” user_id=”88273″ padding=”2″]